Sign in with
Your question

Can not watch You Tube or PBS programs

Last response: in Windows 7
December 18, 2010 4:45:35 PM

I have a laptop that will not play news video clips, play on-line greeting cards, allow me to watch programs on PBS, add items to on-line shopping carts, allow me to post here or play You Tube videos. I can not find a setting to allow them to be played. I run Win 7 64 bit and Google Chrome. I also have 2 desktops running Win 7 64 bit and Google Chrome that work fine. My guess is some setting on my laptop needs to be changed. Any suggestions?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2010 5:43:00 PM

Try installing the latest version of Flash from the adobe site, and also the latest version of Java. This should fix the problem.( also check your pop up blocker settings in your browser)
m
l
December 19, 2010 2:02:50 AM

Thanks for the input. I have the latest Adobe Flash and Java programs. My next step is to use the restore CD that came with the installed Win 7 OS. Unfortunately it wipes out the HD so will back it up and see if restore cures the problem.
m
l
Related resources
December 19, 2010 2:05:49 AM

Also, I have popup blocker enabled in Google Chrome. I also have it enabled on the desktops and they work fine. I am using my wife's computer as the laptop will not allow me to post here.
m
l
September 14, 2012 10:52:09 PM

Maineman said:
I have a laptop that will not play news video clips, play on-line greeting cards, allow me to watch programs on PBS, add items to on-line shopping carts, allow me to post here or play You Tube videos. I can not find a setting to allow them to be played. I run Win 7 64 bit and Google Chrome. I also have 2 desktops running Win 7 64 bit and Google Chrome that work fine. My guess is some setting on my laptop needs to be changed. Any suggestions?

Had the same problem, downloaded adobe shockwave player and this old not so smart lady with a computer can now play them all.
m
l
September 14, 2012 11:00:22 PM

Maineman said:

Download adobe shockwave player it solved my problem
m
l
!