DVD slow playback

I just had my system clear of some virus infections and
since then, DVD playback on all three dvd player software
on my system has been slow and jerky. I assume that
since all software programs are reacting the same, trhat
it must be some common files that are corrupted. Is
there a method or file I can use to re-install my files
that control dvd playback? Thanks.

Mike
5 answers Last reply
More about slow playback

    I should have added that I have a built-in DVDR drive and
    a USB connected DVDRW drive both with the same symptoms.
    I can run an AVI file from a cd and it works fine. This
    appears to be a DVD problem only (all sre store bought
    pre-recorded DVDs).

    "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

    > I should have added that I have a built-in DVDR drive and
    > a USB connected DVDRW drive both with the same symptoms.
    > I can run an AVI file from a cd and it works fine. This
    > appears to be a DVD problem only (all sre store bought
    > pre-recorded DVDs).

    I have the same problem ...can you let me know if you manage to sole the
    problem. Thanks

    "I have same Problem!!" wrote:

    > "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:
    >
    > > I should have added that I have a built-in DVDR drive and
    > > a USB connected DVDRW drive both with the same symptoms.
    > > I can run an AVI file from a cd and it works fine. This
    > > appears to be a DVD problem only (all sre store bought
    > > pre-recorded DVDs).

    Try updating the graphocs card drivers from the manufacturers site and also
    may be adjusting the acceleration settings.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "domjnr" <domjnr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have the same problem ...can you let me know if you manage to sole the
    > problem. Thanks
    >
    > "I have same Problem!!" wrote:
    >

    > > "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I should have added that I have a built-in DVDR drive and
    > > > a USB connected DVDRW drive both with the same symptoms.
    > > > I can run an AVI file from a cd and it works fine. This
    > > > appears to be a DVD problem only (all sre store bought
    > > > pre-recorded DVDs).

    How does one create a NEW post here?

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > Try updating the graphocs card drivers from the manufacturers site and also
    > may be adjusting the acceleration settings.
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    > "domjnr" <domjnr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have the same problem ...can you let me know if you manage to sole the
    > > problem. Thanks

Video DVD Microsoft Software Windows XP