Mike

Splendid

I just had my system clear of some virus infections and
since then, DVD playback on all three dvd player software
on my system has been slow and jerky. I assume that
since all software programs are reacting the same, trhat
it must be some common files that are corrupted. Is
there a method or file I can use to re-install my files
that control dvd playback? Thanks.

Mike

I should have added that I have a built-in DVDR drive and
a USB connected DVDRW drive both with the same symptoms.
I can run an AVI file from a cd and it works fine. This
appears to be a DVD problem only (all sre store bought
pre-recorded DVDs).

"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> I should have added that I have a built-in DVDR drive and
> a USB connected DVDRW drive both with the same symptoms.
> I can run an AVI file from a cd and it works fine. This
> appears to be a DVD problem only (all sre store bought
> pre-recorded DVDs).

I have the same problem ...can you let me know if you manage to sole the
problem. Thanks

"I have same Problem!!" wrote:

> "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:
>
> > I should have added that I have a built-in DVDR drive and
> > a USB connected DVDRW drive both with the same symptoms.
> > I can run an AVI file from a cd and it works fine. This
> > appears to be a DVD problem only (all sre store bought
> > pre-recorded DVDs).

Try updating the graphocs card drivers from the manufacturers site and also
may be adjusting the acceleration settings.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"domjnr" <domjnr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same problem ...can you let me know if you manage to sole the
> problem. Thanks
>
> "I have same Problem!!" wrote:
>

> > "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:
> >
> > > I should have added that I have a built-in DVDR drive and
> > > a USB connected DVDRW drive both with the same symptoms.
> > > I can run an AVI file from a cd and it works fine. This
> > > appears to be a DVD problem only (all sre store bought
> > > pre-recorded DVDs).

How does one create a NEW post here?