Playback problem from laptop to TV from Mediaplayer

Hi,

I have connected my PC (IBM Thinkpad R50) to the TV(standard PAL) through S-video cable. I can view the PC-screen on the TV and see mouse movements, folder etc, even though the screen are quite blurred.

But when I start to play a avi(mpeg) files via Mediaplayer or other player Gr8-player, then I can see the the media palyer, but there are no movie, there only black screen, no movie or sound. While the same file is running o.k. on the PC.

Please advice.

Thanks and regards
Jiwan
1 answer Last reply
More about playback problem laptop mediaplayer

    Depends on the pc, but you often need to set the tv output as the master
    screen to be able to view video.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "jiwan" <jiwan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have connected my PC (IBM Thinkpad R50) to the TV(standard PAL) through
    S-video cable. I can view the PC-screen on the TV and see mouse movements,
    folder etc, even though the screen are quite blurred.

    > But when I start to play a avi(mpeg) files via Mediaplayer or other player
    Gr8-player, then I can see the the media palyer, but there are no movie,
    there only black screen, no movie or sound. While the same file is running
    o.k. on the PC.

    > Please advice.
    >
    > Thanks and regards
    > Jiwan