In attempting to create a boot disk for DI, the only option appears to be a
network boot disk, but I have no use for such. is there a way to create just
a normal disater recovery boot disk in DI 2002?

Thanks,
Walt

joeP

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Walt Unger" <wunger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In attempting to create a boot disk for DI, the only option appears to be
> network boot disk, but I have no use for such. is there a way to create
just
> a normal disater recovery boot disk in DI 2002?

Oh come one, use your eyes please! It's obviously in the user guide, during
installation you're asked to make the diskettes, and the option can be found
on the same spot where it can be found since at least version 2 ....

start > programs > powerquest driveimage > CREATE RESCUE DISKETTES

--
Joep

"Joep" <j o e p @ d i y d a t a r e c o v e r y . n l> wrote in message
> "Walt Unger" <wunger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> In attempting to create a boot disk for DI, the only option appears to be
>> network boot disk, but I have no use for such. is there a way to create
> just
>> a normal disater recovery boot disk in DI 2002?
>>

> Oh come one, use your eyes please! It's obviously in the user guide,
> during
> installation you're asked to make the diskettes, and the option can be
> found
> on the same spot where it can be found since at least version 2 ....
>
> start > programs > powerquest driveimage > CREATE RESCUE DISKETTES

Installing DI (long ago) on a different drive doesn't create a start menu
folder for DI, and the only options within the program were for a network
disk. Who would have thought they'd leave normal rescue disk creation out
of the main program? Not very well thought out. Thanks for your helpful yet
obnoxious response!

> > start > programs > powerquest driveimage > CREATE RESCUE DISKETTES
>
> Installing DI (long ago) on a different drive doesn't create a start menu
> folder for DI, and the only options within the program were for a network
> disk. Who would have thought they'd leave normal rescue disk creation out
> of the main program? Not very well thought out. Thanks for your helpful
yet
> obnoxious response!

RTFM!!! It's all in there, why should we read it for you?

--

> "Walt Unger" <wunger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > start > programs > powerquest driveimage > CREATE RESCUE DISKETTES
>>
>> Installing DI (long ago) on a different drive doesn't create a start menu
>> folder for DI, and the only options within the program were for a network
>> disk. Who would have thought they'd leave normal rescue disk creation
>> out
>> of the main program? Not very well thought out. Thanks for your helpful
> yet
>> obnoxious response!
>>

> RTFM!!! It's all in there, why should we read it for you?

That's amusing, since, in essence, you did...thanks!

Use the "create rescue diskettes" selection, not "boot disk builder".
"Walt Unger" <wunger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In attempting to create a boot disk for DI, the only option appears to be
> network boot disk, but I have no use for such. is there a way to create
just
> a normal disater recovery boot disk in DI 2002?
>
> Thanks,
> Walt

TRENDING THREADS