Question on changing hard drive partitions

Last response: in Storage
Share
October 28, 2004 4:33:31 AM

I have a drive divided into partition of C D E F G H
Drive C is the boot up drive for Windows XP
Drive G contains Windows ME so I can multi boot up into either
operating system.
I want to remove drive F and give the space from drive F to drive C
and the rest to drive D.
If I do this then drive H will become drive G

My question is will I still be able to multi boot into Windows ME or
will the system be looking for a drive H?
Would re mapping using Partition magic might solve the problem?

Regards Brian
Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 1, 2004 4:37:12 AM

Brian, you may have to do a Bootcfg /rebuild from the Recovery Console.
It will conform the boot.ini file to the changes
( less one Partition ). Check here for more info on the RC.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314058