Problem with Kodak Easyshare Printer 6000

My printer developed an odd paper jam. I was printing out a few
pictures and when the printer went to get the next page, it somehow
picked up one of the completed print and then it quit working. I
followed the procedure in the manual by unplugging the power for 5
seconds and then plugged it back in.

It did spit out the jammed paper but not all of them. One stub from
the end became detatched at the perforation and remains inside the
printer. I can't reach inside (tweezer and narrow needle nosed plier)
and I tried power cycling the printer a few more times with no luck.
I tried to send a blank print job from the PC in hope of forcing the
stub out but in the print monitor, only 72 bytes are sent and then it
stops with an error.

If I try printing from the camera, it also quit and the camera
displays a message that I have to unplug for 5 seconds.

Before I grab a screwdriver and take it apart, is there anything I
could do to force the printer to spit that offending stub? And also
why did the printer grab that printed page? The printer should have
spit it out far enough that the pickup roller won't catch it.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Greetings Impmon,

Sorry to hear about your experience. It is quite unusual. Let me gather a
bit more information that I can share with our engineers.

Did you start out with a fresh pack of paper?
Did you keep your paper in its wrap prior to use?
Do you keep the paper tray in the plastic cover it is delivered in to
protect the paper from changes in RH and Temp?
Was there any kind of obstruction in the way of the prints exiting the
printer? An example number of prints that built up?
In a normal situation, a print that exits from the printer, will not meet
any obstruction to impede its path so knowing where the printer is located
may be helpful?

The printer should not be picking up any prints save the one that is being
printed unless the last print to exit the printer is left in close proximity
and even then it should not pick up on it. Was there anything in the area
of the printer that might have pushed a print to be next to the exit
rollers?

Upon receipt I will share things with our team to find out what is
happening.

Talk to you soon.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:37:57 -0400, "Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com>
wrote:

>Greetings Impmon,
>
>Sorry to hear about your experience. It is quite unusual. Let me gather a
>bit more information that I can share with our engineers.
>
>Did you start out with a fresh pack of paper?

Not quite, the pack of 20 was in the tray for about a month.

>Did you keep your paper in its wrap prior to use?

Yes.

>Do you keep the paper tray in the plastic cover it is delivered in to
>protect the paper from changes in RH and Temp?

Yes.

>Was there any kind of obstruction in the way of the prints exiting the
>printer? An example number of prints that built up?

At the time of the problem, there was only 3 other prints that had
printed out.

>In a normal situation, a print that exits from the printer, will not meet
>any obstruction to impede its path so knowing where the printer is located
>may be helpful?

Yes.There's almost 10 inches of space from the back to the wall (more
than minimum), all the cables have been tied out of the way and only
the completed prints were in front of the printer.

>The printer should not be picking up any prints save the one that is being
>printed unless the last print to exit the printer is left in close proximity
>and even then it should not pick up on it. Was there anything in the area
>of the printer that might have pushed a print to be next to the exit
>rollers?

Nothing else. I think my fan (the desk fan) may have blown the print
a little too close to the pickup rollers.

>Upon receipt I will share things with our team to find out what is
>happening.

This could help: a little plastic piece in front of the pickup rollers
that keeps the paper input and output path separate so no matter what
happens, the finished print can't be accidently picked up and eaten.

I was able to get the stub out without having to take it apart. And
I'll be sure to remove each completed prints if I'm doing multiple
prints at once.

>Talk to you soon.
>
>Ron Baird
>Eastman Kodak Company
>

>"Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
>> My printer developed an odd paper jam. I was printing out a few
>> pictures and when the printer went to get the next page, it somehow
>> picked up one of the completed print and then it quit working. I
>> followed the procedure in the manual by unplugging the power for 5
>> seconds and then plugged it back in.
>>
>> It did spit out the jammed paper but not all of them. One stub from
>> the end became detatched at the perforation and remains inside the
>> printer. I can't reach inside (tweezer and narrow needle nosed plier)
>> and I tried power cycling the printer a few more times with no luck.
>> I tried to send a blank print job from the PC in hope of forcing the
>> stub out but in the print monitor, only 72 bytes are sent and then it
>> stops with an error.
>>
>> If I try printing from the camera, it also quit and the camera
>> displays a message that I have to unplug for 5 seconds.
>>
>> Before I grab a screwdriver and take it apart, is there anything I
>> could do to force the printer to spit that offending stub? And also
>> why did the printer grab that printed page? The printer should have
>> spit it out far enough that the pickup roller won't catch it.
>> --
>> To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Hi Impmon,

Thanks for the feedback, I will make it a point to share this with the
engineers on this product. Glad that you were able to get the particles
removed. If you have any trouble in the future, let me know and I will
help.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company