Missing driver for Planar 19" monitor

bill

Hi all, I have a Dell computer and had to re-format and
re-install the Windows software. I have a Planar 19"
color monitor, yet when I re-installed Windows XP - Home
edition, it only has the lowest resolution monitor setting
option available. In other words, when I try to change
the resolution on the display properties-settings screen,
there are no choices for the resolution, only the
default. Planar was no help. Am I missing drivers or
something, and where can I get them? I have a nice high
quality, expensive monitor and not seeing the bemnefits of
having it! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...Bill

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Drivers are available from the manufacturer of the hardware.

"Bill" <billinvt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, I have a Dell computer and had to re-format and
> re-install the Windows software. I have a Planar 19"
> color monitor, yet when I re-installed Windows XP - Home
> edition, it only has the lowest resolution monitor setting
> option available. In other words, when I try to change
> the resolution on the display properties-settings screen,
> there are no choices for the resolution, only the
> default. Planar was no help. Am I missing drivers or
> something, and where can I get them? I have a nice high
> quality, expensive monitor and not seeing the bemnefits of
> having it! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...Bill

You're not looking for monitor drivers, you should be looking for graphics
card drivers..... ! Try the Dell website first... www.dell.com
--
Cari
www.coribright.com