DV capture not working

hi,

i have a sony Digital8 camera, PAL, connected over
Firewire to my PCMCIA in my laptop

i just installed, and everything seems good, except i
can't capture the movie..!!!

i installed Win Movie Maker 2, and i can control the
camera, rewind the tape etc,, so i know the connection is
working for sure( i can even see the tape length, camera
properties etc)

but i can't capture or preview the movie
and gives the following error message

i tried with a variaty of options like with preview,
without preview,different screen resolutions, still no
luck
"the video was not captured correctly,verify that your
video camera and capture device are configured properly"

any help is greatly appreciated
3 answers Last reply
More about capture working

    Can you try another cam on the set up, that you know works, to rule out a
    fault with the firewire port on the cam. Then try another cable? It may be
    the controlling signals can get to the cam but the video can't get to the
    pc.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "vbnetway" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i have a sony Digital8 camera, PAL, connected over
    > Firewire to my PCMCIA in my laptop
    >
    > i just installed, and everything seems good, except i
    > can't capture the movie..!!!
    >
    > i installed Win Movie Maker 2, and i can control the
    > camera, rewind the tape etc,, so i know the connection is
    > working for sure( i can even see the tape length, camera
    > properties etc)
    >
    > but i can't capture or preview the movie
    > and gives the following error message
    >

    > i tried with a variaty of options like with preview,
    > without preview,different screen resolutions, still no
    > luck
    > "the video was not captured correctly,verify that your
    > video camera and capture device are configured properly"
    >
    > any help is greatly appreciated

    no , i tried different cables still same problem

    is having a PAL DV camera make a differnce..??

    Not if you choose PAL in the options set up for capture. Have you?
    Graham

    --
    > no , i tried different cables still same problem
    >
    > is having a PAL DV camera make a differnce..??

Video Cameras Windows XP