Laptop freezes when downloading or trying to view video

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 15, 2004 1:49:15 AM

I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.

It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.

Help please, this is getting very frustrating
August 15, 2004 7:57:02 AM

Machine is getting indigestion!

Wireless too slow, files too large, your apetite overwhelming!

"PC" wrote:

> I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
> and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
> download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
> the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.
>
> It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
> these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.
>
> Help please, this is getting very frustrating

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2004 9:29:50 PM

Thanks for that, but the machine is capable of these things while directly
connected via a USB ADSL modem. Dont expect the thing to fly, but I also
dont expect it to freeze