Laptop freezes when downloading or trying to view video

I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.

It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.

Help please, this is getting very frustrating
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop freezes downloading view video

    Machine is getting indigestion!

    Wireless too slow, files too large, your apetite overwhelming!

    "PC" wrote:

    > I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
    > and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
    > download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
    > the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.
    >
    > It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
    > these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.
    >
    > Help please, this is getting very frustrating

    Thanks for that, but the machine is capable of these things while directly
    connected via a USB ADSL modem. Dont expect the thing to fly, but I also
    dont expect it to freeze

    > Machine is getting indigestion!
    >
    > Wireless too slow, files too large, your apetite overwhelming!
    >
    > "PC" wrote:
    >
    > > I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA
    card,
    > > and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
    > > download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short
    while
    > > the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.
    > >
    > > It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
    > > these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.
    > >
    > > Help please, this is getting very frustrating

Laptops Video Wireless Networking