Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Laptop freezes when downloading or trying to view video

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Video
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 15, 2004 1:49:15 AM

I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.

It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.

Help please, this is getting very frustrating

More about : laptop freezes downloading view video

August 15, 2004 7:57:02 AM

Machine is getting indigestion!

Wireless too slow, files too large, your apetite overwhelming!

"PC" wrote:

> I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
> and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
> download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
> the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.
>
> It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
> these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.
>
> Help please, this is getting very frustrating

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 17, 2004 9:29:50 PM

Thanks for that, but the machine is capable of these things while directly
connected via a USB ADSL modem. Dont expect the thing to fly, but I also
dont expect it to freeze