Hyper Threading and TV Tuner cards

I have just purchased a new computer that has Hyper
Threading. When I installed my TV Tuner Card it crashes
the system. I have purchased three different cards and
they all do the same thing. The computer is a HP and I
was told that the card will not work with HT. Any
suggestions?
4 answers Last reply
More about hyper threading tuner cards

    You need to call Microsoft and they will send you an email with a link to
    fix the problem.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817589

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Neda" <anous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just purchased a new computer that has Hyper
    > Threading. When I installed my TV Tuner Card it crashes
    > the system. I have purchased three different cards and
    > they all do the same thing. The computer is a HP and I
    > was told that the card will not work with HT. Any
    > suggestions?

    "Neda" <anous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have just purchased a new computer that has Hyper
    > Threading. When I installed my TV Tuner Card it crashes
    > the system. I have purchased three different cards and
    > they all do the same thing. The computer is a HP and I
    > was told that the card will not work with HT. Any
    > suggestions?

    Try turning HyperThreading off in your BIOS.
    To access your BIOS, you normally press Delete or F2 when the computer is
    starting up.

    Now that would be really silly..... they've spent $s on a HT CPU and you're
    telling him to turn it off?.... when there is a fix!!!!!

    "Mark Shaw" <mshaw@NOSPAM-hathaway-systems.com> wrote in message

    > Try turning HyperThreading off in your BIOS.
    > To access your BIOS, you normally press Delete or F2 when the computer is
    > starting up.

    Does anyone have that pacth? Microsoft will not send it
    because I bought the machine from HP and HP does not have
    the patch yet?
    us;817589

    >--
    >Cari
    >MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Neda" <anous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have just purchased a new computer that has Hyper
    >> Threading. When I installed my TV Tuner Card it crashes
    >> the system. I have purchased three different cards and
    >> they all do the same thing. The computer is a HP and I
    >> was told that the card will not work with HT. Any
    >> suggestions?
    >

    >.

Video TV Tuner Cards Computers Windows XP