Codec error C00D1199

i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows media player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for one but cant find one that matches.
1 answer Last reply
More about codec error c00d1199

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1199_0x00000000
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Unknown error" <Unknownerror@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows media
    >player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont
    >know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for one
    >but cant find one that matches.

Video Codec Microsoft Windows XP