Codec error C00D1199

i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows media player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for one but cant find one that matches.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1199_0x00000000
--
Cari
www.coribright.com