screen size shrunk!

I installed Win XP critical updates and suddenly when I reboot my computer the screen shrinks in size. It will be full-sized initially but during startup it will shrink from filling my 15" monitor to filling a rectangle in the center about 6"x8". I don't know if the updates were related, I didn't make any changes on my system otherwise. I get the full sized screen back by going to properties | settings and changing the resolution. If I change the resolution back again, the full screen remains until the next time I start up the computer.

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 running Win XP Pro. I restored to a point before the updates but this did not help.

Can anyone help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about screen size shrunk

    Go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer, download and install
    their latest drivers.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "ckf" <ckf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I installed Win XP critical updates and suddenly when I reboot my computer
    >the screen shrinks in size. It will be full-sized initially but during
    >startup it will shrink from filling my 15" monitor to filling a rectangle
    >in the center about 6"x8". I don't know if the updates were related, I
    >didn't make any changes on my system otherwise. I get the full sized
    >screen back by going to properties | settings and changing the resolution.
    >If I change the resolution back again, the full screen remains until the
    >next time I start up the computer.
    >
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 running Win XP Pro. I restored to a point
    > before the updates but this did not help.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?

Video Screen Size Windows XP