second hard drive

Hi,
I want to install a second hard drive as I only have a 12GB one at present.
I have a K7S5A Socket A Mother Board (supports Ultra DMA 33/66/100), I'm
running XP Professional OS and thinking of getting an 80GB, possibly 120GB
new hard drive, any recommendations brandwise?

Any advice on problems encountered or just helpful hints would be gladly
received.

Ta
Deb
1 answer Last reply
More about second hard drive

    Deb, both Maxtor and WD make very good drives. Get one with 8MB buffer
    and 7200rpm. Do you want to reinstall XP
    onto the new drive? If yes, the drive may come with software to
    accomplish that. Make sure you get SP1 installed. Use the
    Primary IDE Channel for the new drive. Secondary for old drive. Any Dvd
    or Cdrom drives connect as Slave to the old
    drive. Good Luck.
    "Deb" <user@REMOVETHISBITbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I want to install a second hard drive as I only have a 12GB one at
    > present.
    > I have a K7S5A Socket A Mother Board (supports Ultra DMA 33/66/100), I'm
    > running XP Professional OS and thinking of getting an 80GB, possibly 120GB
    > new hard drive, any recommendations brandwise?
    >
    > Any advice on problems encountered or just helpful hints would be gladly
    > received.
    >
    > Ta
    > Deb

Hard Drives Storage