movie maker saving question

I am trying to save my movie onto a cd to use in a presentation at school. I have the movie saved on the harddrive, but when I go to save it on a Memorex DC-R recordabe CD, it says the computer gives me a message that the D drive is not accessiable and there is an incorrect function. Can anyone help me? Thanks,

First make sure cd recording is not turned off for the cd drive, if it
records other items then it will be ok.
Otherwise have a read of this taken from a past post..

Hi,

CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529

If the above KB Article doesn't help. Please open notepad, copy and paste
the following text. (in between the "Start of File" and "End of File")

------------- Start of File ------------------------------

Option Explicit
On Error Resume Next

Dim WshShell, Message

WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11
CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11
CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K\"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k\"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf\"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr\"
Set WshShell = Nothing

Message = "Your CD/DVD-Rom drives should now appear in Windows Explorer." &
vbCR
Message = Message & "You may need to reboot your computer to see the
change."

MsgBox Message, 4096,"Finished!"

Please save the file as "Fixcd.vbs" on your desktop. Double click the saved
file. A dialog box asks you to restart the system for the change to take
effect.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP