Seagate HDD UK tech support phone number?

I raised a tech support query with Seagate more than a week ago, using
their web-based e-mail service, but have had no reply.

The number for UK tech support, 0800 4732 4283 according to the
Seagate website, gives 'number unobtainable'. Does anyone know the
correct number? (It doesn't have to be freephone, though it would be
nice if it were!)

Thanks,
Philip Gardner

PS Please reply to the group, not by e-mail, as I don't see messages
sent to this e-mail address.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:27:32 -0000, "Philip Gardner"
<pcgardner0@operamail.com> wrote:

>I raised a tech support query with Seagate more than a week ago, using
>their web-based e-mail service, but have had no reply.
>
>The number for UK tech support, 0800 4732 4283 according to the
>Seagate website, gives 'number unobtainable'. Does anyone know the
>correct number? (It doesn't have to be freephone, though it would be
>nice if it were!)

I think that's too many digits. Try 0800 and then missing out one
digit at a time in the rest of the number.

Steve
Build networks from numeric, text and image files.
http://www.easynn.com

steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:27:32 -0000, "Philip Gardner"
> <pcgardner0@operamail.com> wrote:
>
>> I raised a tech support query with Seagate more than a week
>> ago, using their web-based e-mail service, but have had no
>> reply.
>>
>> The number for UK tech support, 0800 4732 4283 according to
>> the Seagate website, gives 'number unobtainable'. Does
>> anyone know the correct number? (It doesn't have to be
>> freephone, though it would be nice if it were!)
>>

> I think that's too many digits. Try 0800 and then missing out
> one digit at a time in the rest of the number.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's probably two digits too many. I've
tried missing out digits in pairs (0800 324283, 0800 474283 and so on)
but all of them give 'number unobtainable'. I could try missing out
all the combinations of two non-adjacent digits as well, but it's
simpler to wait and see if some kind person here knows the right
number ...

Philip

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

Philip Gardner wrote:
>I raised a tech support query with Seagate more than a week ago, using
> their web-based e-mail service, but have had no reply.
>
> The number for UK tech support, 0800 4732 4283 according to the
> Seagate website, gives 'number unobtainable'. Does anyone know the
> correct number? (It doesn't have to be freephone, though it would be
> nice if it were!)
>
> Thanks,
> Philip Gardner
>
> PS Please reply to the group, not by e-mail, as I don't see messages
> sent to this e-mail address.

Try this after googling. 0800 783 5177

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

JimBob <meandyou@nospam.com> wrote:
> Philip Gardner wrote:
>> I raised a tech support query with Seagate more than a week
>> ago, using their web-based e-mail service, but have had no
>> reply.
>>
>> The number for UK tech support, 0800 4732 4283 according to
>> the Seagate website, gives 'number unobtainable'. Does
>> anyone know the correct number? (It doesn't have to be
>> freephone, though it would be nice if it were!)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Philip Gardner
>>
>> PS Please reply to the group, not by e-mail, as I don't see
>> messages sent to this e-mail address.
>
> Try this after googling. 0800 783 5177

Thanks. That is supposedly the correct number, as I found by dialling
their old tech support number (01628 894083) which I found by
Googling. However, it's not working at the moment - it also gives
number unobtainable.

By listening to the recorded message on 01628 894083, I found the
following number: +31-20-31-67-222. This works, but I could not
understand the person who answered: her English was very strongly
accented, and I gave up after asking her twice to repeat what she
said. So I shall try sending a fax.

I don't think I've ever had such a struggle to get through to a
company's tech support line before. It certainly puts me off Seagate -
their drives may be good, but their customer service is cr*p.

Philip

grid212

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
Hi,

For anyone (like me) struggling to find some accurate warranty information the telephone number above has changed (again!). The new number, as dialled from within the UK is now:

00800 47-32-42-83

Please note that the warranty telephone message directs you firstly to the Seagate website, however you should be able to get through to a human.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear that Seagate / Maxtor were trying to make their warranty procedure deliberately difficult.

I hope that helps.

-Will.