PANASONIC DV CAMCORDER

I have a Panasonic digital camcorder. I have followed all of the previous advice. I am using a firewire. My XP does not acknowledge the camcorder! Can someone help me..............

canon zr65 dv

Which make and model of Panasonic digital camcorder?

Is the camcorder turned on and in VCR mode? Is it connected to A/C power
and not by its internal battery?

"All of the previous advice".... yes, but how far back have you gone in the
newsgroups!

Does the IEEE1394 card appear to be installed correctly in the Device
Manager?

When you connect the camcorder to the PC, is there a 'ding' noise?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Panasonic digital camcorder. I have followed all of the previous
>advice. I am using a firewire. My XP does not acknowledge the camcorder!
>Can someone help me..............

I have a NV-GS10 PANASONIC DV CAMCORDER. I have tried it with the AC power and in VCR mode. The firewire is connected correctly after checking this with device manager. Still struggling!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Which make and model of Panasonic digital camcorder?
>
> Is the camcorder turned on and in VCR mode? Is it connected to A/C power
> and not by its internal battery?
>
> "All of the previous advice".... yes, but how far back have you gone in the
> newsgroups!
>
> Does the IEEE1394 card appear to be installed correctly in the Device
> Manager?
>
> When you connect the camcorder to the PC, is there a 'ding' noise?
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Panasonic digital camcorder. I have followed all of the previous
> >advice. I am using a firewire. My XP does not acknowledge the camcorder!
> >Can someone help me..............

So, do you get the "ding" noise. If not, then try a cable you know works.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP
> I have a NV-GS10 PANASONIC DV CAMCORDER. I have tried it with the AC power
and in VCR mode. The firewire is connected correctly after checking this
with device manager. Still struggling!

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Which make and model of Panasonic digital camcorder?
> >
> > Is the camcorder turned on and in VCR mode? Is it connected to A/C
power
> > and not by its internal battery?
> >
> > "All of the previous advice".... yes, but how far back have you gone in
the
> > newsgroups!
> >
> > Does the IEEE1394 card appear to be installed correctly in the Device
> > Manager?
> >
> > When you connect the camcorder to the PC, is there a 'ding' noise?
> > --
> > Cari
> > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a Panasonic digital camcorder. I have followed all of the
previous
> > >advice. I am using a firewire. My XP does not acknowledge the
camcorder!
> > >Can someone help me..............

Tried another cable but still no joy.................

"Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

> So, do you get the "ding" noise. If not, then try a cable you know works.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP
> www.simplydv.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a NV-GS10 PANASONIC DV CAMCORDER. I have tried it with the AC power
> and in VCR mode. The firewire is connected correctly after checking this
> with device manager. Still struggling!
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > Which make and model of Panasonic digital camcorder?
> > >
> > > Is the camcorder turned on and in VCR mode? Is it connected to A/C
> power
> > > and not by its internal battery?
> > >
> > > "All of the previous advice".... yes, but how far back have you gone in
> the
> > > newsgroups!
> > >
> > > Does the IEEE1394 card appear to be installed correctly in the Device
> > > Manager?
> > >
> > > When you connect the camcorder to the PC, is there a 'ding' noise?
> > > --
> > > Cari
> > > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > > www.coribright.com
> > >
> > > "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> previous
> camcorder!

Tried another cable - brand new - still no joy..............

"Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

> So, do you get the "ding" noise. If not, then try a cable you know works.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP
> www.simplydv.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a NV-GS10 PANASONIC DV CAMCORDER. I have tried it with the AC power
> and in VCR mode. The firewire is connected correctly after checking this
> with device manager. Still struggling!
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > Which make and model of Panasonic digital camcorder?
> > >
> > > Is the camcorder turned on and in VCR mode? Is it connected to A/C
> power
> > > and not by its internal battery?
> > >
> > > "All of the previous advice".... yes, but how far back have you gone in
> the
> > > newsgroups!
> > >
> > > Does the IEEE1394 card appear to be installed correctly in the Device
> > > Manager?
> > >
> > > When you connect the camcorder to the PC, is there a 'ding' noise?
> > > --
> > > Cari
> > > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > > www.coribright.com
> > >
> > > "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> previous
> camcorder!

Tried another cable - brand new - no "ding" noise................

"Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

> So, do you get the "ding" noise. If not, then try a cable you know works.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP
> www.simplydv.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a NV-GS10 PANASONIC DV CAMCORDER. I have tried it with the AC power
> and in VCR mode. The firewire is connected correctly after checking this
> with device manager. Still struggling!
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > Which make and model of Panasonic digital camcorder?
> > >
> > > Is the camcorder turned on and in VCR mode? Is it connected to A/C
> power
> > > and not by its internal battery?
> > >
> > > "All of the previous advice".... yes, but how far back have you gone in
> the
> > > newsgroups!
> > >
> > > Does the IEEE1394 card appear to be installed correctly in the Device
> > > Manager?
> > >
> > > When you connect the camcorder to the PC, is there a 'ding' noise?
> > > --
> > > Cari
> > > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > > www.coribright.com
> > >
> > > "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> previous
> camcorder!

Tried a brand new cable - no "ding" noise.......

"Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

> So, do you get the "ding" noise. If not, then try a cable you know works.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP
> www.simplydv.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a NV-GS10 PANASONIC DV CAMCORDER. I have tried it with the AC power
> and in VCR mode. The firewire is connected correctly after checking this
> with device manager. Still struggling!
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > Which make and model of Panasonic digital camcorder?
> > >
> > > Is the camcorder turned on and in VCR mode? Is it connected to A/C
> power
> > > and not by its internal battery?
> > >
> > > "All of the previous advice".... yes, but how far back have you gone in
> the
> > > newsgroups!
> > >
> > > Does the IEEE1394 card appear to be installed correctly in the Device
> > > Manager?
> > >
> > > When you connect the camcorder to the PC, is there a 'ding' noise?
> > > --
> > > Cari
> > > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > > www.coribright.com
> > >
> > > "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> previous
> camcorder!

No ding noise means no connection between pc and cam. So if the second cable
you tried is known to work with another cam, then either the firewire
connection on the cam or pc is faulty. Try your cam on another pc you know
has a working firewire connection. Try another firewire card in the pc.
Graham
--
Graham Hughes
MVP

> Tried a brand new cable - no "ding" noise.......
>
> "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:
>
> > So, do you get the "ding" noise. If not, then try a cable you know
works.

> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP
> > www.simplydv.co.uk
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > "SEANYDAY" <SEANYDAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a NV-GS10 PANASONIC DV CAMCORDER. I have tried it with the AC
power
> > and in VCR mode. The firewire is connected correctly after checking this
> > with device manager. Still struggling!

> > power

> > the

Device