www.evcomputing.com
www.iowcomputers.net/websiteforum/index.php

Neat, huh???

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:30:14 GMT, "Domed" <c@d.com> wrote:

>Is it me or has it gone quiet in here?

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> Neat, huh???
>
> On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:30:14 GMT, "Domed" <c@d.com> wrote:
>
> >Is it me or has it gone quiet in here?

That's because we're all busy buying REAL games in REAL boxes from REAL
shops every time a new one is released.

Nah, it's no good. I can't whip up the same enthusiasm.

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Cannon Fodder wrote:
>> Neat, huh???
>>
>> On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:30:14 GMT, "Domed" <c@d.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Is it me or has it gone quiet in here?
>
> That's because we're all busy buying REAL games in REAL boxes from REAL
> shops every time a new one is released.
>
> Nah, it's no good. I can't whip up the same enthusiasm.

I'm not. I've been on the lash in Dublin.

James Whyley wrote:
> "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Cannon Fodder wrote:
>>
>>>Neat, huh???

>>That's because we're all busy buying REAL games in REAL boxes from REAL
>>shops every time a new one is released.
>>
>>Nah, it's no good. I can't whip up the same enthusiasm.
>

> I'm not. I've been on the lash in Dublin.

As have I. But what has that got to do with anything?

Civilian_Target

"Civilian_Target" <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> James Whyley wrote:
>> "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>That's because we're all busy buying REAL games in REAL boxes from REAL
>>>shops every time a new one is released.
>>>
>>>Nah, it's no good. I can't whip up the same enthusiasm.
>>

>> I'm not. I've been on the lash in Dublin.
>
> As have I. But what has that got to do with anything?

Well, nothing really. I was simply countering Chadwick's claim that we were
all out busy buying real games in real boxes from real shops. I wasn't. I
was on the lash in Dublin. Shows what he knows.

James Whyley wrote:
> > As have I. But what has that got to do with anything?
>
> Well, nothing really. I was simply countering Chadwick's claim that
we were
> all out busy buying real games in real boxes from real shops. I
wasn't. I
> was on the lash in Dublin. Shows what he knows.

As long as it was REAL beer in REAL glasses in REAL pubs, and some
winebar-ist scum FAKE drink, that's OK.

TRUE drinkers drink beer in pubs.

> James Whyley wrote:
>> > As have I. But what has that got to do with anything?
>>
>> Well, nothing really. I was simply countering Chadwick's claim that
> we were
>> all out busy buying real games in real boxes from real shops. I
> wasn't. I
>> was on the lash in Dublin. Shows what he knows.
>
> As long as it was REAL beer in REAL glasses in REAL pubs, and some
> winebar-ist scum FAKE drink, that's OK.
>
> TRUE drinkers drink beer in pubs.

Fear not. It was REAL beer in a REAL pint pot drunk in a REAL pub. We may
have gone into a winebar but only to order pints of mild. The look on their
faces said it all. We were TRUE drinkers, REAL men.

Then it all went downhill and I had my face painted to look like a tiger.

shawk

James Whyley wrote:

> Fear not. It was REAL beer in a REAL pint pot drunk in a REAL pub. We may
> have gone into a winebar but only to order pints of mild. The look on their
> faces said it all. We were TRUE drinkers, REAL men.
>

> Then it all went downhill and I had my face painted to look like a tiger.

Nothing wrong with that - if you get funny looks tell folk you've
returned from a REAL rugger match for REAL men - tigers versus hammers
or something. They wont dare question real BEER drinkers.

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

> James Whyley wrote:
>

>> Fear not. It was REAL beer in a REAL pint pot drunk in a REAL pub. We may
>> have gone into a winebar but only to order pints of mild. The look on
>> their faces said it all. We were TRUE drinkers, REAL men.
>>

>> Then it all went downhill and I had my face painted to look like a tiger.
>
> Nothing wrong with that - if you get funny looks tell folk you've returned
> from a REAL rugger match for REAL men - tigers versus hammers or
> something. They wont dare question real BEER drinkers.

I'm sorry. I've completely lost track of what we were on about.

shawk

James Whyley wrote:
> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>
>>James Whyley wrote:
>>

>>>Fear not. It was REAL beer in a REAL pint pot drunk in a REAL pub. We may
>>>have gone into a winebar but only to order pints of mild. The look on
>>>their faces said it all. We were TRUE drinkers, REAL men.
>>>

>>>Then it all went downhill and I had my face painted to look like a tiger.
>>
>>Nothing wrong with that - if you get funny looks tell folk you've returned
>>from a REAL rugger match for REAL men - tigers versus hammers or
>>something. They wont dare question real BEER drinkers.
>

> I'm sorry. I've completely lost track of what we were on about.

s'okay - I didn't know in the first place

--

Chadwick wrote:
> James Whyley wrote:
>
>>>As have I. But what has that got to do with anything?
>>
>>Well, nothing really. I was simply countering Chadwick's claim that
>
> we were
>
>>all out busy buying real games in real boxes from real shops. I
>
> wasn't. I
>
>>was on the lash in Dublin. Shows what he knows.
>

> As long as it was REAL beer in REAL glasses in REAL pubs, and some
> winebar-ist scum FAKE drink, that's OK.
>
> TRUE drinkers drink beer in pubs.

Pheq! rather than staryinhg a rteally new and shiny thread, I'm just
going to put my obligatoru drunken IN SUBLIN poist on this thread. OK?

But its realyt beer in real glasses that gets me REALLY hammered.

CIviliantarget

Bah, ya Micks don't know anything about real beer and drinking...
Takes a real red-neck 'Merkin to teach ya the way of the
Grasshopper....

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:08:17 +0100, Civilian_Target
<tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Chadwick wrote:

>>>Well, nothing really. I was simply countering Chadwick's claim that
>>
>> we were
>>
>>>all out busy buying real games in real boxes from real shops. I
>>
>> wasn't. I
>>
>>>was on the lash in Dublin. Shows what he knows.
>>

>> As long as it was REAL beer in REAL glasses in REAL pubs, and some
>> winebar-ist scum FAKE drink, that's OK.
>>
>> TRUE drinkers drink beer in pubs.
>>

>Pheq! rather than staryinhg a rteally new and shiny thread, I'm just
>going to put my obligatoru drunken IN SUBLIN poist on this thread. OK?
>
>But its realyt beer in real glasses that gets me REALLY hammered.
>
>CIviliantarget

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."

yeah, was in New York and was unimpressed by their alcohol capacity. I'm
not a heavy drinker by Irish standards and over there I felt like an
alcoholic!

Rednecks could probably drink me under the table though, although I'd be
willing to test whether that's the case...

Ow my head hurts. Was drinking Czech Citrus liqeur last night, and
couldn't see straight on my way to work this morning.

Civilian_Target