Nikon D70 remote over Pocketpc Toshiba e800 Mobile 2003

May 7, 2004 4:09:19 PM

Hallo
i`m on the search for a Pocketpc programm like this:

http://www.pocket.at/pocketpc/qremote.htm "QRemote for PocketPC is
innovative remote control software for Casio digital cameras."

have you news or i`snt possible with the Nikon D70.

Greatings from switzerland Josef
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 6:28:24 PM

I bet it nwould be more luck to ask in some photo group, than here. But,
actually, I am also interested in the answer ;-)

"Roten Josef" <rotenjosef@freesurf.ch> wrote in message
> Hallo
> i`m on the search for a Pocketpc programm like this:
>
> http://www.pocket.at/pocketpc/qremote.htm "QRemote for PocketPC is
> innovative remote control software for Casio digital cameras."
>
> have you news or i`snt possible with the Nikon D70.
>
> Greatings from switzerland Josef

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 9:29:34 AM

I don't think you will find any for the Nikon D70. Mine does not list or
talk about any remote functions except controlling a remote flash. If the
camera really does have remote control features that would be neat. But for
me, no remote options are listed for my D70 or N80.

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"Roten Josef" <rotenjosef@freesurf.ch> wrote in message
> Hallo
> i`m on the search for a Pocketpc programm like this:
>
> http://www.pocket.at/pocketpc/qremote.htm "QRemote for PocketPC is
> innovative remote control software for Casio digital cameras."
>
> have you news or i`snt possible with the Nikon D70.
>
> Greatings from switzerland Josef

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 7:04:38 PM

Thank you for your help.
The only thing what y want to do is a simple single shot. Make astrophotos
and does`nt want vibrate the camera when I push the button for a shot.
D70 come without a mirror blocking befor shot.
the solution is - I buy the original infrared Remote maintenance and I hope
it is a good thing.
Also - all good and good-bye

Josef
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 3:38:34 PM

Josef,
I did not think about the original infrared Remote. What has worked for
me in some cases (Have not tried this on Pocket PC 2003) but it worked on my
older ipaq 3670 is to get one of those TV remote control programs (about 10
floating around) and put it into learn and see if it will pick up the IR
signal. On one case, I did not use learn, but just had "Receive IRDA file"
on and whatever the remote sent to me I captured and just sent back to the
camera and it worked fine. Have not tried the D-70 on that one.The only
remote I can find listed is the ML-L3, but so far have not found anyone that
has one.

I am curious about one thing. What made you get the Nikon and how do you
like it ? I was fairly even with the three camera's below. The Dimage A2
with the LCD viewfind and neat "Track and focus" modes made it a hard choice
as the other camera's seemed very "dumb" in comparision. I went with the
Nikon as I also have a N-80 and several lens for it and the D-70 just "felt
right" holding it.

Nikon - D70 Digital SLR 6.1 Mega Pixels Fast, Feels
rugged and crystal clear photo's
Konica Minolta - Dimage A2 Digital 8.0 Mega Pixels VGA-size EVF
incorporating 922,000 pixels,Anti-Shake Function,
Canon - EOS Digital Rebel SLR 6.3 Mega Pixels Also nice camera,
just a small step down from the D-70

I do some astro work also with both Nikons and with the D-70 works the best
as the least amount of "shutter schock" on it. I have also had good luck in
putting the camera's in the self timer mode, then I do not have to worry
about shaking the Telescope, I have a Meade ETX-90EC and had pretty good
luck getting some good shots.

If I can find anything else, I will post it here.
Tedd

--

> Thank you for your help.
> The only thing what y want to do is a simple single shot. Make astrophotos
> and does`nt want vibrate the camera when I push the button for a shot.
> D70 come without a mirror blocking befor shot.
> the solution is - I buy the original infrared Remote maintenance and I
> hope
> it is a good thing.
> Also - all good and good-bye
>
> Josef

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 10:06:12 PM

I know this is not what the original question was about but...

There is a Palm Pilot solution described here:
http://tinyurl.com/3yo5s

Additionally, if you dig into the information of the above site, you
can find the hex code of the IR remote control shutter release trigger.
You can probably use that information to "train" any trainable (i.e.
also PocketPC) RMC emulator.

I downloaded the necessary files and the whole enchilada works on my
SonyClie & Nikon D70.
Just don't forget to set your shutter on 'remote' on the Nikon itself.

The original Nikon RMC units are on back order all over the place...

BTW, I am very happy with the camera.
I posted a modest information package on:
http://tinyurl.com/2k4ob

All the best,

bogdescu
bogdescu's Profile: http://www.mobileminds.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...
View this thread: http://www.mobileminds.com/showthread.php?threadid=1708...
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 11:54:56 AM

Hi Bogdescu,

Only problem...don't you wake up in the morning with a nasty headache ?
<g>

"I slept with my new camera under the pillow this night...
The darn Nikon D70."

Also what you call a "modest information package" is a bit more like a book
! You must have spent some real time on that one and its loaded with some
great info also, Thanks !!

On the remote control issue. It would probably cost about the same and be
far faster to go with the SonyClie and software then waiting for the Nikon
remote, Every single Nikon remote I have ordered has either had about 6
months- 1 year wait time or is dropped as new camera's are out. Found that
true with most camera vendors, only remote I actually walked into the store
and bought was for one of the early Olympus camera's.
Thanks for the good info !
Tedd

--

!