Add security lose network - why?

Hi people,

I am trying (still) to secure my home wireless connection. I can get both
WPA-PSK (using XP zero config.) and WEP to configure using my Origo WLL-3810
router and netgear (Wg311v2 PCA card). The Netgear smart config. panel says
there is a link but I cannot get any external IP. So I get a page not found
error when accessing explorer. I am doing something very simple and silly
incorrect? I have the XP firewall tagged in net settings. Could this be
the cause of the problem?

Thanks

Jon
1 answer Last reply
More about security lose network

    Try removing any firewalls or bridges. that you temporarily they sometimes
    tend to cause problems. Second, If you wanna use a firewall do not use
    Windows firewall it is lame. Zone alarm offers a free firewall you can use.

    "Jon Sadler" wrote:

    > Hi people,
    >
    > I am trying (still) to secure my home wireless connection. I can get both
    > WPA-PSK (using XP zero config.) and WEP to configure using my Origo WLL-3810
    > router and netgear (Wg311v2 PCA card). The Netgear smart config. panel says
    > there is a link but I cannot get any external IP. So I get a page not found
    > error when accessing explorer. I am doing something very simple and silly
    > incorrect? I have the XP firewall tagged in net settings. Could this be
    > the cause of the problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jon

Wireless Configuration Wireless Networking