Where to Get Storagetek 9840 FSC Codes

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
November 4, 2004 2:18:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Where can I get a comprehensive reference with all of the StorageTek 9840
FSC error codes? The 9840 Operations manual is very limited in the number
of codes it discusses.

Also, where can I get an explanation of the full feature set on the 9840?
For example, there is a feature named Data Security Erase (DSE). The
operations guide clearly shows that option in a nested tree of drive menu
options, but there is no explanation of what the feature is or what the
values for that option do.

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

"CHANGE USERNAME TO westes" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in
message news:AdmdndKDf-Lu4hfcRVn-gw@giganews.com...
> Where can I get a comprehensive reference with all of the StorageTek 9840
> FSC error codes? The 9840 Operations manual is very limited in the
> number
> of codes it discusses.
>
> Also, where can I get an explanation of the full feature set on the 9840?
> For example, there is a feature named Data Security Erase (DSE). The
> operations guide clearly shows that option in a nested tree of drive menu
> options, but there is no explanation of what the feature is or what the
> values for that option do.
>
> --
> Will
> westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Unless the 9840 returns vendor unique values, the ASC/ASCQ values are just
as clear. And all documented in the SCSI specification..

Rob
Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 15, 2004 6:02:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

"CHANGE USERNAME TO westes" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message news:<AdmdndKDf-Lu4hfcRVn-gw@giganews.com>...
> Where can I get a comprehensive reference with all of the StorageTek 9840
> FSC error codes? The 9840 Operations manual is very limited in the number
> of codes it discusses.
>
> Also, where can I get an explanation of the full feature set on the 9840?
> For example, there is a feature named Data Security Erase (DSE). The
> operations guide clearly shows that option in a nested tree of drive menu
> options, but there is no explanation of what the feature is or what the
> values for that option do.

Please mail your type of 9840(A,B or C) to wiesemes@gmx.de and I will
replay all current FSC error codes to you.
!