help please

I have win xp home OS.
I have Nvidia GeForce2 MX 400 graphics card which came from Gateway back in
2001.

It has worked fine in this OS. But for a month or so when I boot up (but
not every time) the words and the resolution are not clear, but when I
reboot, it clears up.
1)Would you say I need a later driver?
I have version 28.32 date 3.8.02, but I don't know if the nvidia drivers
are safe since the card originally came in a Gateway OS WINME system, AND I
don't know which drivers to download as I have read several times that not
always are the latest drivers the best.
2) Should I just download the next version driver update from this old
driver I am using?
3) And then, if I have trouble with the new drivers, I have no experience
using safe mode to bail me out.
4) What should I do? Help!

A note: I also am having trouble booting up sometimes. Windows stops at
the screen where the little horizontal thingy is moving, and so I have to
re-boot sometimes, up to 7-8 times before it unsticks.
4) Are these related problems?

--
In His Name,
Martha

    If it's a desktop PC, then you can download the latest graphics from
    www.nvidia.com. If it's a notebook PC, then look at Gateway's website for
    updated drivers.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "zmartha" <zzizzzith@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have win xp home OS.
    > I have Nvidia GeForce2 MX 400 graphics card which came from Gateway back
    > in
    > 2001.
    >
    > It has worked fine in this OS. But for a month or so when I boot up (but
    > not every time) the words and the resolution are not clear, but when I
    > reboot, it clears up.
    > 1)Would you say I need a later driver?
    > I have version 28.32 date 3.8.02, but I don't know if the nvidia
    > drivers
    > are safe since the card originally came in a Gateway OS WINME system, AND
    > don't know which drivers to download as I have read several times that not
    > always are the latest drivers the best.
    > 2) Should I just download the next version driver update from this old
    > driver I am using?
    > 3) And then, if I have trouble with the new drivers, I have no experience
    > using safe mode to bail me out.
    > 4) What should I do? Help!
    >
    > A note: I also am having trouble booting up sometimes. Windows stops at
    > the screen where the little horizontal thingy is moving, and so I have to
    > re-boot sometimes, up to 7-8 times before it unsticks.
    > 4) Are these related problems?
    >
    > --
    > In His Name,
    > Martha
    > "We are not bound to insist on our rights. We are free to NOT insist on
    > them
    > and in so doing, that may give God the opportunity to look after us all
    > the
    > better." George MacDonald

Video Windows XP