Can't play AVI file in WMP

I downloaded the movie "Snatch" off Bit Torrent today. I
wanted to watch it, so I went into the "My Documents"
folder (where I had saved it) and double clicked the
icon. Windows Media Player opens up, but a small window
also opens up saying that Windows Media Player has
encountered an unknown error and only gives me the choice
to "Find Support" or "Close". As I said, this movie is a
700MB download in .AVI file format. The support system I
found on the internet tells me the error I have
encountered is known as "C00D11CD". Does anyone know what
is going on here? Please post a reply here or email me at
finnegan@violentsin.com - I need to have this work.
1 answer Last reply
More about play file

    "Finnegan" <finnegan@violentsin.com> wrote in message
    > I downloaded the movie "Snatch" off Bit Torrent today. I
    > wanted to watch it, so I went into the "My Documents"
    > folder (where I had saved it) and double clicked the
    > icon. Windows Media Player opens up, but a small window
    > also opens up saying that Windows Media Player has
    > encountered an unknown error and only gives me the choice
    > to "Find Support" or "Close". As I said, this movie is a
    > 700MB download in .AVI file format. The support system I
    > found on the internet tells me the error I have
    > encountered is known as "C00D11CD". Does anyone know what
    > is going on here? Please post a reply here or email me at
    > finnegan@violentsin.com - I need to have this work.

    700mb for a compleate film makes me think it maybe a encoded using divx
    download the codec from www.divx.com and see if it plays

    --
    If the information posted above helps then let me know.
    If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

    ---

Video Windows XP