burn dvd from wmm, please HELP

mar

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

I made a homemovie into a fantastic film. I saved the film in different ways, I even converted it into a .avi file (which now is 18,9 GB large so i can't burn this on a disc). Can somebody, anybody please help me and tell me how can I burn my film on dvd and play it even on my TV. Maybe there is a way to make the film smaller, like compressing it to a normal 4,7 GB size?
Please help....

"mar" <mar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I made a homemovie into a fantastic film. I saved the film in different
ways, I even converted it into a .avi file (which now is 18,9 GB large so
i can't burn this on a disc). Can somebody, anybody please help me and
tell me how can I burn my film on dvd and play it even on my TV. Maybe
there is a way to make the film smaller, like compressing it to a normal
4,7 GB size?
> Please help....

An avi file that's 18.9GB? You must have done something wrong there.
Have a look through the helpful guides here: http://www.videohelp.com/

Regards,
Ian.

Not unusual at all. 12Gb is the approximate size for one hour of
uncompressed AVI .
www.coribright.com

"Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message

> An avi file that's 18.9GB? You must have done something wrong there.
> Have a look through the helpful guides here: http://www.videohelp.com/
>
> Regards,
> Ian.

Open your third party burning software such as Roxio, Nero or Sonic MyDVD
and tell it you wish to make a DVD. It will re-encode in the correct format
and proceed to burn the DVD. These instructions in more detail will also be
in the manuals and Help section of your DVD burning software.
www.coribright.com