Win 7 downloaded file turned into "default.aspx"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken168

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
Hi all,

Is there a way I can burn this file into an ISO file?

I had the window 7 downloaded few days ago (got the key) and didn't look into it until apparently the offer has expired. Unfortunately, the one I downloaded for whatever reason, it turned into aspx file which from a quick research seems to be an error which won't let me burn into ISO file (nero won't recognise it).

I am currently using Win XP and eager to try this as I am not impressed with Win Vista. I hope my 3gb+ worth of bandwidth is worth it :(

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ken168

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
@ orangegator --> thank you.

I tried and it didn't work (unless I did it wrong).

When I set "views" as "Details" in the folder where I saved the file ... the file name is "default" and under the "Type" coloum it says "ASPX". So when I renamed the file to "default.iso".... it doesn't change anything under the "Type" coloum...so I guess it doesn't work. If I did it wrong, please advise.

Is there anywhere else I can download the file? Torrent probably be the last place for me to go.

Ken168

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
What is the correct size of the file? The one I downloaded is at around 3.15gb (the ASPX). While looking at torrent, the file sizes are varies. I seen this one build 7022 at around 2.48gb.

Thanks,

randomizer

Champion
Build 7000 is 3.15GB for the 64-bit version. Some of the torrents are 32-bit (which is 2.xGB) and some are cracked or have stuff added/removed so will differ in size. Compare the MD-5 checksum with the following:

773FC9CC60338C612AF716A2A14F177D

PaCanc

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006

If you still have the aspx file, try renaming it like this:
1. Go to Folder Options in the Control Panel.
2. Go to the View tab in the Folder Options window.
3. Uncheck the "Hide extentions for known file types".
4. Now, the full name of the files will be shown, and you can change the extention from aspx to iso.
(From what you described I am inclined to believe that you only managed to change the name of the file from "default.aspx" to "default.iso.aspx").

If indeed only the extention of the file was wrong, you can burn the image now. However, the file might have been corrupted, hence the wrong file extention.

Ken168

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007

Man, you give me hope!!!

I'm burning the file now. Will post back once done.

Many thanks!!!

Ken168

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
It looking good, lol (making a funny dance).

Thanks for all.

Gonna try to install it now on my free drive.

Will post back the result (as state previously, it may not work - corrupted file)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.