Sign in with
Your question

Arm Wrestling + MMA = Awesome

Last response: in Sports & Wellness
June 10, 2011 2:10:13 PM

http://xarm.com/

For those unaware Xarm is combination of arm wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts. Yeah I know. There are two ways to win pin your opponents arm or by submission.....

From the sites rules:

Quote:
XARM is a hybrid sport combining kick boxing, jiu-jitsu and arm wrestling – contested across a 28” x 16” table adjustable for height from 34” to 46”. Bouts consist of three one minute rounds with a one minute rest period between rounds. Athletes are allowed one second to accompany and assist them table-side.

Now you are chained not only to the table but also to the other competitor, this is a list of legal techniquess you can use:

ARM Legal Techniques/Blows/Strikes:

1. Right Cross.
2. Push/Palm/Heel Strike.
3. Left or Right Jab.
4. Straight Right.
5. Right Uppercut.
6. Left Hook.
7. Hammer Fist - to the shoulder or the top of the head.
8. Back Fist.
9. Forearm Cross.
10. Back Forearm Cross.
11. Ridge Hand.
12. Knee Strike
13. “Meet & Greet” - Pull down head and strike w/knee.
14. Shin Strike.
15. Foot Kick.
16. Triceps Cross/Trap.
17. Fist Choke.
18. Neck Crank.
19. Collar Tie.
20. Arm Bar.
21. “Over the Top” – Jump up on the table on one knee and strike with the fist or forearm.
June 10, 2011 10:14:10 PM

I've never gotten into the whole MMA thing, so it's probably why I see something like this as a bit over the top. But I'm sure there are plenty out there who enjoy it or will get into it.
June 11, 2011 2:40:16 AM

That's just weird as hell. Such an odd combination of disciplines if you're going to arm wrestle then arm wrestle. If you're going to MMA then do so inside a cage. Mixing the 2 seems like a fairly hickish idea
April 4, 2012 9:16:44 AM

hahaha, seriously sounds stupid to me..I'll stick to just my kickboxing and my mma without the arm wrestling
April 26, 2012 2:55:53 PM

I got a better one, let's pit in a cage a MMA fighter against... wait for it.... a rabid badger..... which is... here is the best part... chained to his forearm!

Will he manage to beat the crap out of it before it tears him a new one?
!