Outlook Express issue

DanielR

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
Ok, Here is the case.

I have two computers networked through a server with two eathernet cards running ICS and FW on XP SP1. The other computer is running winME. All other network connectivity (file/print sharing, msn, internet...) works except email usign outlook express. I have checked to makes sure that server adresses and network settings are complete and correct. I have no idea what to do anymore. i have tried disabling the firewall but this does nothing.

I keep getting he error "0x800ccc0d yadda yadda" If anyone has any idea what this might be. I'd love you forever.

who ever has the most ram when they die wins!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
check out this <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?q=outlook+express+0x800ccc0d&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search" target="_new">usenet search</A> there may be something in there...

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

DanielR

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
I checked the usenet, that error is associated with the wrong server address or connection problems... but i guarrante that the server address is right and that my connection is live, the rest of my net apps work.

thing is.. i used the XP ICS disk to setup its connection and i think its something to do with that setup. If i connect the cable conneiton directly to that computer it won't connect to the net becasue of that ICS setup, and i don't know how to remove it. If i can get that on the net by itself i can then be 100% sure that its not the server settings even tho its identical to the information entered on another computer that does work...

Is there a way I can delete the outlook express identity, i know where teh folder is but im not sure if there a process that i need to follow.

I really wanna fix this!

Thanks
Daniel

who ever has the most ram when they die wins!