Data Recovery

"Lyle Ladeira" <ladeiras@mweb.co.za> wrote:

> > can anyone help me with data recovery.
> > my hard drive is found is the bios and dos but it wont boot,

When you say the drive is found in DOS, do you mean that you actually can see
directories and files on it when booted from a DOS floppy?

> > I tried to set it up as a slave,

On what machine? With what operating system for boot?

> > when it boots into windows, I cant access it, if I try my
> > pc freezes, or it is not even present, the OS on is Win XP. I do see a
> > partition.

If you try what, then your PC freezes? When and where from do you "see" a
partition? What is the meaning that you "see" a partition? How? Under what
conditions? Having booted from where and with what OS? With the problem disk
attached how? In what machine, yours, someone else's?

Regards, Zvi
--
NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew)
InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ResQ and Data Recovery Utilities

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

Zvi Netiv wrote:
> "Lyle Ladeira" <ladeiras@mweb.co.za> wrote:
>
>> > can anyone help me with data recovery.
>> > my hard drive is found is the bios and dos but it wont boot,
>
> When you say the drive is found in DOS, do you mean that you actually
> can see directories and files on it when booted from a DOS floppy?
>
>> > I tried to set it up as a slave,
>
> On what machine? With what operating system for boot?
>
>> > when it boots into windows, I cant access it, if I try my
>> > pc freezes, or it is not even present, the OS on is Win XP. I do
>> > see a partition.
>
> If you try what, then your PC freezes? When and where from do you
> "see" a partition? What is the meaning that you "see" a partition?
> How? Under what conditions? Having booted from where and with what
> OS? With the problem disk attached how? In what machine, yours,
> someone else's?
>
> Regards, Zvi

lol