Is PQ Drive Image 2002 compatible with DVD-RW or DVD+RW?

The system hangs when I use the rescue disks (1.44" FD) to boot to DOS mode.
There is no problem if my computer uses CD-RW. I know when the software came
out, there is no DVD-RW yet. Can this is be done? (For example, add DVD-RW
driver to autoexec.bat?) If DVD+RW works, I could also buy one to replace my
DVD-RW.

I have to use DI 2002 (Drive Image 6) since they stop supporting the DOS
mode upon the next release Drive Image 7. Thanks.

Ar Q wrote:
> The system hangs when I use the rescue disks (1.44" FD) to boot to
> DOS mode. There is no problem if my computer uses CD-RW. I know when
> the software came out, there is no DVD-RW yet. Can this is be done?
> (For example, add DVD-RW driver to autoexec.bat?) If DVD+RW works, I
> could also buy one to replace my DVD-RW.
>
> I have to use DI 2002 (Drive Image 6) since they stop supporting the
> DOS mode upon the next release Drive Image 7. Thanks.

Drive Image 2002 has something weird that the program (PQDI.EXE) 'sees' a
hooked up DVD-ROM or writer as a fixed disk (when it is AUTOdetected in the
BIOS) and attempts to read the MBR that, of course, does not exist. This
raises a huge DVD incompatibility, so the ultimate answer is that DM 2002
and DVD drives do not go hand in hand with eachother...

--
M.f.G.
Michael Kimmer

"Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
"Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"

"Michael Kimmer" <michaelkimmer@NOSPAM.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Ar Q wrote:
> > The system hangs when I use the rescue disks (1.44" FD) to boot to
> > DOS mode. There is no problem if my computer uses CD-RW. I know when
> > the software came out, there is no DVD-RW yet. Can this is be done?
> > (For example, add DVD-RW driver to autoexec.bat?) If DVD+RW works, I
> > could also buy one to replace my DVD-RW.
> >
> > I have to use DI 2002 (Drive Image 6) since they stop supporting the
> > DOS mode upon the next release Drive Image 7. Thanks.
>
> Drive Image 2002 has something weird that the program (PQDI.EXE) 'sees' a
> hooked up DVD-ROM or writer as a fixed disk (when it is AUTOdetected in
the
> BIOS) and attempts to read the MBR that, of course, does not exist. This
> raises a huge DVD incompatibility, so the ultimate answer is that DM 2002
> and DVD drives do not go hand in hand with eachother...
>
> --
> M.f.G.
> Michael Kimmer
>
> "Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
> "Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"

Is there any workaround? Or, are there some brands of DVD writers compatible
with DI 2002?

Thanks,

Ar Q

Ar Q wrote:
> "Michael Kimmer" <michaelkimmer@NOSPAM.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> Ar Q wrote:
>>> The system hangs when I use the rescue disks (1.44" FD) to boot to
>>> DOS mode. There is no problem if my computer uses CD-RW. I know when
>>> the software came out, there is no DVD-RW yet. Can this is be done?
>>> (For example, add DVD-RW driver to autoexec.bat?) If DVD+RW works, I
>>> could also buy one to replace my DVD-RW.
>>>
>>> I have to use DI 2002 (Drive Image 6) since they stop supporting the
>>> DOS mode upon the next release Drive Image 7. Thanks.
>>
>> Drive Image 2002 has something weird that the program (PQDI.EXE)
>> 'sees' a hooked up DVD-ROM or writer as a fixed disk (when it is
>> AUTOdetected in the BIOS) and attempts to read the MBR that, of
>> course, does not exist. This raises a huge DVD incompatibility, so
>> the ultimate answer is that DM 2002 and DVD drives do not go hand in
>> hand with eachother...
>>
>> --
>> M.f.G.
>> Michael Kimmer
>>
>> "Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
>> "Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"
>>

> Is there any workaround? Or, are there some brands of DVD writers
> compatible with DI 2002?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ar Q

I'm afraid not...