Is there a specific setting or driver for capturing compos..

Over the last 6 to 7 years, I have upgraded through 98 to ME to XP, through
ATI AIW Rage 128 to AIW Radeon 8500 and have been able to capture videos in
AVI format with ME and XP, with the Rage card as well as the Radeon Card,
with the pre-Catalyst as well as some of the Catalyst Driver versions. I
have captured video both with ATI's MMCs in AVI format and the Windows
Media Encoder in wmv format. But suddenly, during the last few weeks,
without any known reason, Composite VCR has failed and I am unable to get
the VCR tape image on the Computer Monitor.

Hence this question:

Is there any specific driver within the Capture set which enables or
disables composite video? Or is there any setting to enable Composite Video
which I have failed to notice? Or are any of the MMC or WME versions having
this problem? I am using MMC 7.7 with the corresponding Catalyst version
recommended by ATI.

Could it be the connector between the PC and the VCR? It seems firm but is
there any way to check this connection? Of course the TV channels are
clearly received because of the independent cable connection to the PC.

P. Jayant

You need to look back to the last time you had it working and when it
stopped and try to work out if you have d/loaded anything or installed any
apps that may be interfering. Try system restore back to when it did work.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP