Problems with XP-professional and Magnum xpert 128 video d..

June 29, 2004 12:29:40 AM

I have 3 machines that we just upgraded to Windows XP
professional from Windows 98.

All 3 machines have Magnum/xpert 128/xpert 99/xpert 2000
video cards.

1 machine upgraded fine, not a single problem.

2 machines however, hang at windows startup. The
only "fix" is reboot into safe mode, uninstall the display
adapter, reboot into windows.

The settings have to be reset but everything works fine
until the next reboot when the same procedure has to take
place to overcome the inability to start windows.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks.
June 29, 2004 1:23:55 AM

Download the XP drivers from the video card manufacturer's web site.

"julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 3 machines that we just upgraded to Windows XP
> professional from Windows 98.
>
> All 3 machines have Magnum/xpert 128/xpert 99/xpert 2000
> video cards.
>
> 1 machine upgraded fine, not a single problem.
>
> 2 machines however, hang at windows startup. The
> only "fix" is reboot into safe mode, uninstall the display
> adapter, reboot into windows.
>
> The settings have to be reset but everything works fine
> until the next reboot when the same procedure has to take
> place to overcome the inability to start windows.
>
> Any thoughts ?
>
> Thanks.
June 29, 2004 8:04:25 AM

Thank you for your response, however I have tried to do
this and it states on the website that the drivers with
the XP software are adequate, there are no XP drivers from
the manufacturer.

I have also tried to reinstall the driver directly from
the XP cd.

Again, one computer is fine. The other 2 not. Any other
thoughts ?

Thanks.

!