Problems with XP-professional and Magnum xpert 128 video d..

I have 3 machines that we just upgraded to Windows XP
professional from Windows 98.

All 3 machines have Magnum/xpert 128/xpert 99/xpert 2000
video cards.

1 machine upgraded fine, not a single problem.

2 machines however, hang at windows startup. The
only "fix" is reboot into safe mode, uninstall the display
adapter, reboot into windows.

The settings have to be reset but everything works fine
until the next reboot when the same procedure has to take
place to overcome the inability to start windows.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about problems professional magnum xpert video

    Download the XP drivers from the video card manufacturer's web site.

    "julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have 3 machines that we just upgraded to Windows XP
    > professional from Windows 98.
    >
    > All 3 machines have Magnum/xpert 128/xpert 99/xpert 2000
    > video cards.
    >
    > 1 machine upgraded fine, not a single problem.
    >
    > 2 machines however, hang at windows startup. The
    > only "fix" is reboot into safe mode, uninstall the display
    > adapter, reboot into windows.
    >
    > The settings have to be reset but everything works fine
    > until the next reboot when the same procedure has to take
    > place to overcome the inability to start windows.
    >
    > Any thoughts ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thank you for your response, however I have tried to do
    this and it states on the website that the drivers with
    the XP software are adequate, there are no XP drivers from
    the manufacturer.

    I have also tried to reinstall the driver directly from
    the XP cd.

    Again, one computer is fine. The other 2 not. Any other
    thoughts ?

    Thanks.

Video Windows XP