Deive Image 2002

I can not get it to boot from the rescue disk. It says "Please wait
happens. It has booted in the past but was hit and miss. Now it won't
boot at all from floppy. I made a new set of rescue disks but it still
won't work. Anyone else had this problem or know what to do?

Thanks,
Bill

BF wrote:
> I can not get it to boot from the rescue disk. It says "Please wait
> else happens. It has booted in the past but was hit and miss. Now it
> won't boot at all from floppy. I made a new set of rescue disks but
> it still won't work. Anyone else had this problem or know what to do?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Did you hook up a DVD-ROM or DVD Writer lately?
If so, try disabling it in the BIOS (set detection type to NONE), that may
work...

--
M.f.G.
Michael Kimmer

"Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
"Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"

Michael Kimmer wrote:
> BF wrote:
>
>>I can not get it to boot from the rescue disk. It says "Please wait
>>else happens. It has booted in the past but was hit and miss. Now it
>>won't boot at all from floppy. I made a new set of rescue disks but
>>it still won't work. Anyone else had this problem or know what to do?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Bill
>

> Did you hook up a DVD-ROM or DVD Writer lately?
> If so, try disabling it in the BIOS (set detection type to NONE), that may
> work...

Yes, and that was it. I can't even imagine why that is a problem.

Thanks

BF wrote:
> Michael Kimmer wrote:
>> BF wrote:
>>
>>> I can not get it to boot from the rescue disk. It says "Please wait
>>> else happens. It has booted in the past but was hit and miss. Now it
>>> won't boot at all from floppy. I made a new set of rescue disks but
>>> it still won't work. Anyone else had this problem or know what to
>>> do?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bill
>>

>> Did you hook up a DVD-ROM or DVD Writer lately?
>> If so, try disabling it in the BIOS (set detection type to NONE),
>> that may work...
>>
> Yes, and that was it. I can't even imagine why that is a problem.
>
> Thanks

I'll explain: Drive Image 2002, actually the program PQDI.EXE, identifies a
hooked up DVD-ROM or writer as a fixed disk (when it is AUTOdetected in the
BIOS) and attempts to read its MBR (= sector #0) that, of course, does not
exist.