deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

When I use the dial up manager in outlook express, if I check 'remember
password' it comes up with a longer password than mine, about 5 digits
longer...why is this!

I keep typing in my password and then 'remember password' but it always
changes it for this longer one...how can I stop this?

At the moment I have to type my password in each time I go on line.

OP is WinXP Professional.

Help please!
Deb

RoJ

Mine started doing the same - except the password it remembered was the
original password supplied by the ISP, not the password I had changed to.
The ISP must have done a 'restore' from their server, including the original
password. Try their help line or see if there was an original password of
the required size?
RoJ
:
: I keep typing in my password and then 'remember password' but it always
: changes it for this longer one...how can I stop this?
:
: At the moment I have to type my password in each time I go on line.
:
: OP is WinXP Professional.
:
: Help please!
: Deb
:
:

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:14:09 +0000 (UTC), "Deb"
<user@REMOVETHISBITbtopenworld.com> wrote:

>When I use the dial up manager in outlook express, if I check 'remember
>password' it comes up with a longer password than mine, about 5 digits
>longer...why is this!
>
>I keep typing in my password and then 'remember password' but it always
>changes it for this longer one...how can I stop this?
>
>At the moment I have to type my password in each time I go on line.
>
>OP is WinXP Professional.
>
>Help please!
>Deb

Its not a new password it is just using a large number of characters
so that people cannot see how many characters you actually use in the
password. Thus making it harder for someone to guess it