No Video Capture Driver

Hey guys,
I know i have been reading same problem as i have but i wanna post this too. I have the ff: Sony DCR-PC 9 miniDV Camcorder, i.link cable (both 4-to-4 , 6-to-4 pins) and Windows XP, just bought DV Firewire Card (ieee 1394), and Ulead VideoStudio 7. Seems that xp can recognice the firewire but xp cant recognice the Sony cam because when i open MS Movie Maker, it says video device is none.

Again i installed Ulead VStrudio and when I try CAPTURING, it says no video capture driver or no device connected. Again my cam is on and it is connected but i dont know the problem.

Anyone? I would appreciate your help.

Ed
1 answer Last reply
More about video capture driver

    When you connect the cam and turn it on you get the xp ping?
    Device manager shows no problems with the card?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey guys,
    > I know i have been reading same problem as i have but i wanna post this
    too. I have the ff: Sony DCR-PC 9 miniDV Camcorder, i.link cable (both
    4-to-4 , 6-to-4 pins) and Windows XP, just bought DV Firewire Card (ieee
    1394), and Ulead VideoStudio 7. Seems that xp can recognice the firewire
    but xp cant recognice the Sony cam because when i open MS Movie Maker, it
    says video device is none.

    > Again i installed Ulead VStrudio and when I try CAPTURING, it says no
    video capture driver or no device connected. Again my cam is on and it is
    connected but i dont know the problem.

    > Anyone? I would appreciate your help.
    >
    > Ed

Video Video Capture Windows XP