Closed

Cannot Play or Copy ".DAT" files in Windows XP in any player

June 30, 2004 3:16:59 AM

Hi all
I have Windows XP installed on my machine..
I tried running VCD ".DAT' files using many players like
WMP 9, Xing player etc.. But it is not running.
When i try to Copy .DAT file to my machine from CD it
says "Invalid MS-DOS function".
Please sugest how to play ".DAT" files...
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 5:20:23 AM

What happens in Windows Media Player when you use File, Open?
www.coribright.com

"Ganesh P" <ganeshp@infics.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I have Windows XP installed on my machine..
> I tried running VCD ".DAT' files using many players like
> WMP 9, Xing player etc.. But it is not running.
> When i try to Copy .DAT file to my machine from CD it
> says "Invalid MS-DOS function".
> Please sugest how to play ".DAT" files...

June 30, 2004 6:00:11 AM

Hi Cari,
Thanks for ur response..
When i try to open the .DAT file in WMP it takes a long
time and throws an error saying "Cannot play specified
file. Either file is corrupted or not in specified
format".
But same file opens in other computer which is running on
Windows XP ..
Please suggest..
thanks in advance
Ganesh

Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Ganesh P" <ganeshp@infics.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>> I have Windows XP installed on my machine..
>> I tried running VCD ".DAT' files using many players like
>> WMP 9, Xing player etc.. But it is not running.
>> When i try to Copy .DAT file to my machine from CD it
>> says "Invalid MS-DOS function".
>> Please sugest how to play ".DAT" files...
>>

>.

June 30, 2004 2:31:33 PM

Do you have another piece of dvd playing software on this pc? Like powerdvd.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP

"Ganesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi Cari,
> Thanks for ur response..
> When i try to open the .DAT file in WMP it takes a long
> time and throws an error saying "Cannot play specified
> file. Either file is corrupted or not in specified
> format".
> But same file opens in other computer which is running on
> Windows XP ..
> Please suggest..
> thanks in advance
> Ganesh

June 30, 2004 2:31:34 PM

Hi Graham ,
Thanks for ur response..
Yes i have PowerDVD installed on this system as mine is a
Combo drive.
Doest it cause any problem?
Thanks
Ganesh

Anonymous
June 30, 2004 5:45:58 PM

No, I was wondering if that played the disc?
Have you tried the gspot utility to discover which codec has been used and
whether you have it?

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

--

!