Multiple Monitor Display Issue

I have a GeForce 3 Ti500 video card with latest drivers
from nVidia's website (April 1, 2004). I am able to run
Windows on my TV (with an S-video connection) in safe
mode, but am unable to utilize my television and my
primary monitor simultaneously. Whenever I try to add my
television as a second monitor, windows does not recognize
it and it does not show up in the device manager or the
display panel.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
6 answers Last reply
More about multiple monitor display issue

    Connect TV to PC. Turn TV on. Reboot PC. XP should now find it.
    www.coribright.com

    "Kabir" <kjalal@buffalo.edu> wrote in message
    >I have a GeForce 3 Ti500 video card with latest drivers
    > from nVidia's website (April 1, 2004). I am able to run
    > Windows on my TV (with an S-video connection) in safe
    > mode, but am unable to utilize my television and my
    > primary monitor simultaneously. Whenever I try to add my
    > television as a second monitor, windows does not recognize
    > it and it does not show up in the device manager or the
    > display panel.

    My TV has been connected to my PC. XP does not find it.
    When I disconnect my CRT monitor and try using only my TV
    and attempt a normal boot, the video is completely black
    right after Windows loads. I hear the Windows start
    chimes, but my desktop is not visible.

    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Kabir" <kjalal@buffalo.edu> wrote in message
    >>I have a GeForce 3 Ti500 video card with latest drivers
    >> from nVidia's website (April 1, 2004). I am able to run
    >> Windows on my TV (with an S-video connection) in safe
    >> mode, but am unable to utilize my television and my
    >> primary monitor simultaneously. Whenever I try to add
    my
    >> television as a second monitor, windows does not
    recognize
    >> it and it does not show up in the device manager or the
    >> display panel.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    >

    >.

    "Kabir" <kjalal@buffalo.edu> wrote in message
    > I have a GeForce 3 Ti500 video card with latest drivers
    > from nVidia's website (April 1, 2004). I am able to run
    > Windows on my TV (with an S-video connection) in safe
    > mode, but am unable to utilize my television and my
    > primary monitor simultaneously. Whenever I try to add my
    > television as a second monitor, windows does not recognize
    > it and it does not show up in the device manager or the
    > display panel.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    try using clone mode

    --
    If the information posted above helps then let me know.
    If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

    ---

    "Kabir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My TV has been connected to my PC. XP does not find it.
    > When I disconnect my CRT monitor and try using only my TV
    > and attempt a normal boot, the video is completely black
    > right after Windows loads. I hear the Windows start
    > chimes, but my desktop is not visible.

    can a geforce 3 display on pc and tv at the same time ???i think it might be
    one or the other

    --
    If the information posted above helps then let me know.
    If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

    ---

    My Geforce 2 MX didn't have a problem doing it, so I think
    its just a driver issue with XP or one of the other
    components in my system... but I can't figure out for the
    life of me what it is.

    Did you update the drivers from www.nvidia.com?

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    > My Geforce 2 MX didn't have a problem doing it, so I think
    > its just a driver issue with XP or one of the other
    > components in my system... but I can't figure out for the
    > life of me what it is.

Video TV Monitors Windows XP