Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Razer Broken Into, Robbed of Two Blade Laptop Prototypes

Last response: in News comments
November 16, 2011 6:08:04 PM

Quote:
The laptop measures 16.81-inches (W)
so how does it have a 17.6" inch screen ?
Score
November 16, 2011 6:08:29 PM

Man...Its hard time but please..they can`t do this..its making it even harder for everyone of us...
Score
Related resources
November 16, 2011 6:09:06 PM

The laptops were stolen to protest the "GeForce GT 555M" from being used.....560M is min for this product....shame shame razor
Score
November 16, 2011 6:09:18 PM

wow thats pretty crazy
Score
November 16, 2011 6:09:35 PM

obviously an inside job
Score
November 16, 2011 6:11:35 PM

olafso how does it have a 17.6" inch screen ?

the screen is measured diagonally just like your TV
Score
November 16, 2011 6:12:16 PM

I hate thieves... hope they get caught and given at least 15 years without the possibility of parole.
Score
November 16, 2011 6:12:39 PM

Key cards can be stolen / lost i know that all to well. This tends to happen more often if the company does't enforce an policy to discourage negligence regarding the cards and security in general.
Score
November 16, 2011 6:16:10 PM

old news, I was thinking of getting one of these (but not this way), but a 555M is such a turn off. I like the idea of programmable buttons because that would be sweet for like Photoshop and Illustrator even if not for gaming.
Score
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 16, 2011 6:23:36 PM

Olaf they don't measure screen size from edge to edge (horizontally) the measure corner to corner (diagonally). So the screen size can be bigger than the laptop is wide.
Score
November 16, 2011 6:57:58 PM

jeremy88I hate thieves... hope they get caught and given at least 15 years without the possibility of parole.

15 years for stealing a computer?! This is what is wrong with you people! That's 15 years of your life gone! Obviously you have never been in jail or known anyone who has!
Score
November 16, 2011 7:01:02 PM

For sale: Really nice Razer Laptop. Slightly used. $2000 OBO. :D 

Looks like a nice system minus the GPU as others have mentioned. Also, the HDD is kind of small, but not a huge deal.
Score
November 16, 2011 7:03:47 PM

Quote:
I hate thieves... hope they get caught and given at least 15 years without the possibility of parole.

15 years for stealing a computer?! This is what is wrong with you people! That's 15 years of your life gone! Obviously you have never been in jail or known anyone who has!

I would have said, give them the death penalty. Why waste taxpayer money for greedy bastards! Stealing is not OK. At the very least, cut off their hands so they can't break in and steal things very easily anymore.
Score
November 16, 2011 7:07:19 PM

lasaldude15 years for stealing a computer?! This is what is wrong with you people! That's 15 years of your life gone! Obviously you have never been in jail or known anyone who has!

How about we cut off their hands instead. Thieves are one of the worst kinds of people, they deserve any punishment coming their way.
Score
November 16, 2011 7:28:27 PM

olafso how does it have a 17.6" inch screen ?

Do you not know how they measure screens? It's measure diagonally
Score
November 16, 2011 7:41:08 PM

The Razor was interesting when they created 7-9" thumb typing gaming devices, but I find little to no interest in their corei7 model, as it would be cheaper and easier to get a laptop, and use that for gaming with a decent game controller!

What was interesting about the small devices was portable gaming, with battery life.
A 17" model hardly is portable.
Too bad for them though... They had a great product if they only released it before the netbook craze!

Score
November 16, 2011 7:47:51 PM

ProDigit10The Razor was interesting when they created 7-9" thumb typing gaming devices, but I find little to no interest in their corei7 model, as it would be cheaper and easier to get a laptop, and use that for gaming with a decent game controller!What was interesting about the small devices was portable gaming, with battery life.A 17" model hardly is portable.Too bad for them though... They had a great product if they only released it before the netbook craze!

The pocket sized model they were making, even though its specs sucked, seemed worth it but this is to big..
Score
November 16, 2011 8:03:33 PM

lasaldude15 years for stealing a computer?! This is what is wrong with you people! That's 15 years of your life gone! Obviously you have never been in jail or known anyone who has!

Its also a couple years worth of R&D + wages of those doing the R&D + any property damage... While I believe 15 years is strong for theft (compared to things like rapists and so on getting less time).

This certainly does such for Razer, although it seems like the laptops would have some kind of lojack installed on them though considering the importance of them. Also shouldnt there be some security cameras to help the police catch the ones who stole these? The security seems poor imho.
Score
November 16, 2011 8:28:55 PM

Sounds like a marketing stunt to me.

Interesting touchpad placement. Sadly this only works on cumbersome 17" laptops.

ProDigit10The Razor was interesting when they created 7-9" thumb typing gaming devices

PC gaming on a 7" screen does not sound like fun to me. Might as well buy a Nintendo or Sony handheld.
Score
November 16, 2011 8:47:01 PM

I call "publicity stunt"
Score
November 16, 2011 8:51:46 PM

I think someone was in the know on this one. As far as cutting off hands and whatnot, the Bible says to give back 4-5x the value of the object if it can't be recovered. I think that's good incentive to not steal! Better than going to prison, but still hefty

Another thought, sounds like a great product! Wonder if those prototypes will overheat on the theives or not. Wouldn't u wanna wait till after the thermal tests to steal it? Haha
Score
November 16, 2011 9:01:51 PM

Everyone keep an eye out on bar and pub floors!
Score
November 16, 2011 9:12:48 PM

Inside job!!
Score
November 16, 2011 9:48:31 PM

If someone wants to steal it, even if it is sitting in the middle of langley, Virginia, it will be stolen.

Poor Razer and poor all of us! I am so excited when they announce this for it is the closests thing to a Macbook Pro killer.
Score
November 16, 2011 10:22:56 PM

Nothing like a stolen prototype to draw up some free press. Do you think Apple has this patented. Lawsuit in 3 2 1 ...
Score
November 16, 2011 10:42:07 PM

the clening lady did it, lol
Score
November 17, 2011 12:01:13 AM

I have, and I do. And yeah, breaking and entering, stealing of unreleased hardware...pretty much sums up to corporate espionage. String em up. The morons shoulda thought about it before breaking in and stealing.
Score
November 17, 2011 1:12:41 AM

I really want Razor to bring this product out soon so I can sell my macbook pro XD
Score
November 17, 2011 1:48:12 AM

albert001obviously an inside job

that was my 2nd vote :p 

but my first... is publicity... yes/no? seems to be a trend by some *cough tech companie(s)...

oh noooos our thermal data... blah blah... right as if they dont have another or so... this is computer tech we are talking about... its not like something had to be machined from raw goods and it had something super difficult to manufacture and/or had hard time to produce yields and well it will set u back a lot if you dont get it back... /sarcasm

of course if it was really stolen i would go with inside job, and those ppl really suck, should get the max
Score
November 17, 2011 1:58:43 AM

So, they're able to get into the building, but they had to pry open the door that contained the laptops? It sounds like a low level employee that didn't have access to the laptops but knew where they were located.
Score
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 17, 2011 4:38:15 AM

Thanks guys.

posted via Razer Blade Laptop
Score
November 17, 2011 4:55:26 AM

PocketdrummerSo, they're able to get into the building, but they had to pry open the door that contained the laptops? It sounds like a low level employee that didn't have access to the laptops but knew where they were located.

Agreed. This was stolen by an employee.
Score
a b D Laptop
November 17, 2011 5:02:37 AM

Looks really cool!
Score
November 17, 2011 8:56:21 AM

This is off topic, but I disagree. I get the reasons why prison sentences are shorter then I would like, but then there should be some strong rehab programs also available, that actually work. I hate anyone who does illegal stuff, from piracy to fighting in the street because you are drunk. And I would love to see life sentence for breaking and entering, and death penalty for physical harm, but for that you would also need a justice system that can find the truth 1000% of the time.
Score
November 17, 2011 11:42:02 AM

nebunthe clening lady did it, lol

no, it was the cook! it's always the cook
Score
November 17, 2011 11:54:33 AM

skyhideMan...Its hard time but please..they can`t do this..its making it even harder for everyone of us...

ALL theft makes it harder on us. The cost of loss due to theft is included in everything we buy...
Score
November 17, 2011 12:17:24 PM

To everyone ranting about sending the dumb sod away for some insane amount of prison time, I'd like to know where you did your time?

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I stole some things. I'm a convict. I did time. I got stabbed twice and had countless death threats. I was locked in a cell with a rapist, a murderer, and a guy who cooked meth with his 4 year old daughter.

So again I ask, what was it like doing your time? Or are you too proud to admit that you've actually done something very similar yourself?

Don't sit there and toss judgement so easily. The day may come when the same thing happens to you.
Score
November 17, 2011 1:54:02 PM

Way to artificially drive up the price. with only 2 available they are going to be way overpriced on ebay.

The product is already well known so there is no secret info

just use the latest design and have the factory build 2 more, then use the money from your overpriced keyboard and mice to buy a decent $50 security camera, then start the test again.

Or better yet, start all over and build a laptop worth buying. at that price, people expect to max out every game at least for a few months to a year. That current laptop cant max out all of the games from even last year.

There is a reason why you don't see high end mobile GPU's in laptops that size.
Score
!