need help

June 30, 2004 12:51:14 PM

i was going to update the drivers for our video card but
i njeed to know what video card i have and i have no idea
on how to tell if i have to take the comp apart or if i
can go thro the settings and find out.can u help me out?

More about : question

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2004 1:17:04 PM

First place to start identifying your card is in the Device Manager. Right
click on My Computer, select Properties. From the Hardware tab, click on
Device Manager. Double click on the entry for Display Adapter.

If it's an nVidia card, drivers are at www.nvidia.com
If it's an ATI card, drivers are at www.ato.com
If it's an SiS card,drivers are at www.sis.com

If you are using a notebook get updated drivers ONLY from the website of the
notebook manufacturer.
www.coribright.com

"mike" <mike_bulmer20@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>i was going to update the drivers for our video card but
> i njeed to know what video card i have and i have no idea
> on how to tell if i have to take the comp apart or if i
> can go thro the settings and find out.can u help me out?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2004 3:21:46 PM

Hello

Well you can just pop the top off and look at your card, or
who is your pc made by and look in up in your computer manual
If you have an IBM, Compaq, Dell, etc you can pretty much
go to the manufacturer's website and just look up that
info.

Al

!