HL2DM Bash next Sunday

Gentleman and Ladies
Prepare your weapons

HL2DM Bash a Peter's Playground next Sunday from 2000 hours GMT +1
(if I can persuade the kids - shouldn't be too difficult)

10 players max (limited bandwidth)

Maps to choose from:

DM_GASWORKS_AGHL

And one or more of the following:
No bellas room at this occasion

DM_DEPOT
DM_ABYSS
DM_AVALON
DM_TORQUE
DM_AGORA
DM_CLOCKS
DM_DISTRICT33
DM_FORSAKEN
DM_MOTEL
DM_UNDERPASS

Get them all from this location
http://www.fileplanet.com/152129/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---FilePlanet-Deathmatch-Map-Pack-#2

Or your preferred download site

Password on the server?
Please add your preferences

rgds/Peter

> Get them all from this location

Better link describing each map in details
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/HL2DM_mappack/

rgds

Cool! I want in :)
McG.

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Gentleman and Ladies
> Prepare your weapons
>
> HL2DM Bash a Peter's Playground next Sunday from 2000 hours GMT +1
> (if I can persuade the kids - shouldn't be too difficult)
>
> 10 players max (limited bandwidth)
>
> Maps to choose from:
>
> DM_GASWORKS_AGHL
>
> And one or more of the following:
> No bellas room at this occasion
>
> DM_DEPOT
> DM_ABYSS
> DM_AVALON
> DM_TORQUE
> DM_AGORA
> DM_CLOCKS
> DM_DISTRICT33
> DM_FORSAKEN
> DM_MOTEL
> DM_UNDERPASS
>
> Get them all from this location
> http://www.fileplanet.com/152129/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---FilePlanet-Deathmatch-Map-Pack-#2
>
> Or your preferred download site
>
> Password on the server?
> Please add your preferences
>
> rgds/Peter

shawk

McGrandpa wrote:
> Cool! I want in :)
> McG.

D-loading the map-pack at the moment. I'm out Sunday night but hoping
I'll be back in time to have a look in. If not I'll have the maps for
the next one.

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

> McGrandpa wrote:
>> Cool! I want in :)
>> McG.
>>

> D-loading the map-pack at the moment. I'm out Sunday night but hoping
> I'll be back in time to have a look in. If not I'll have the maps for
> the next one.

I dl'd and installed all 6 of the mappacks that are on FileFront. Near
300 maps. And, some of these that are being played now aren't in them
:eek:\
McG.

> dl'd and installed all 6 of the mappacks that are on FileFront.
> Near 300 maps. And, some of these that are being played
> now aren't in them

I can find alternative mirrors for some of the more interesting maps
snarkpit.net would be a good place to start

We just have to agree on which maps we have in the cycle
Most of suggested maps looks very promising :)

rgds

dm_GASWORKS_AGHL *
dm_abyss *
dm_agora * (39 megs!)
dm_avalon_b1 *
dm_clocks
dm_depotbeta1 *
dm_district33
dm_forsaken
dm_motel_b1 *
dm_torque
dm_underpass

Ones with asterisk I have with listed name, the other 5 are AWOL. So,
even with all of the FileFront mappacks, I still need one more mappack
that has these ones :) Ok, going for it!

> Mirror for the mappack:
> http://www.die-online-gamer.de/downloads/fp_hl2_mappack.zip
>
>> DM_DEPOT
>
> http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hldm2_depot.htm
>
>> DM_ABYSS
>
> http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hl2dm_abyss.htm
>
>> DM_AVALON
>
> http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hldm2_avalon.htm
>
>> DM_TORQUE
>
> http://www.snarkpit.net/maps.php?map=1543
>
>> DM_AGORA
>
> http://www.maps.pacific5.com/viewmap.php?id=145
>
>> DM_CLOCKS
>
> http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hl2dm_clocks.htm
>
>> DM_DISTRICT33
>
> http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=6153
>
>> DM_FORSAKEN
>
> ?
>
>> DM_MOTEL
>
> http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hl2dm_motel.htm
>
>> DM_UNDERPASS
>
> http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/halflife2/moreinfo_6120841.html
>

> HTH :)

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mirror for the mappack:
> http://www.die-online-gamer.de/downloads/fp_hl2_mappack.zip

snip

getting that pack at a pretty respectable rate right now, it's only 56
megs. I'm happy if they're current versions of what we will be playing!

McG.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:48:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>dm_GASWORKS_AGHL *
>dm_abyss *
>dm_agora * (39 megs!)
>dm_avalon_b1 *
>dm_clocks
>dm_depotbeta1 *
>dm_district33
>dm_forsaken
>dm_motel_b1 *
>dm_torque
>dm_underpass
>
>Ones with asterisk I have with listed name, the other 5 are AWOL. So,
>even with all of the FileFront mappacks, I still need one more mappack
>that has these ones :) Ok, going for it!
>McG.

You need the pack from fileplanet not filefront - the one peter gave a
link to. You can tell if you're at fileplanet or not by the donwload
queues ;)

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

"Steve Evans" <no@spam> wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:48:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> dm_GASWORKS_AGHL *
>> dm_abyss *
>> dm_agora * (39 megs!)
>> dm_avalon_b1 *
>> dm_clocks
>> dm_depotbeta1 *
>> dm_district33
>> dm_forsaken
>> dm_motel_b1 *
>> dm_torque
>> dm_underpass
>>
>> Ones with asterisk I have with listed name, the other 5 are AWOL.
>> So, even with all of the FileFront mappacks, I still need one more
>> mappack that has these ones :) Ok, going for it!
>> McG.
>>

> You need the pack from fileplanet not filefront - the one peter gave a
> link to. You can tell if you're at fileplanet or not by the donwload
> queues ;)

He posted a different mirror, got it from there. Have all the maps now
:)
That's over 300 maps. I bet there's more than a few won't ever get
used.
McG.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:52:13 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"Steve Evans" <no@spam> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:48:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
>> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> You need the pack from fileplanet not filefront - the one peter gave a
>> link to. You can tell if you're at fileplanet or not by the donwload
>> queues ;)
>
>He posted a different mirror, got it from there. Have all the maps now
>:)
>That's over 300 maps. I bet there's more than a few won't ever get
>used.
>McG.

Agreed, a lot of them are just someone having a good time with hammer
and make lousy dm maps. Check out the camera effect in piff.bsp, and
also have a look at dm_dam - it's purdy!

--

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:52:13 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Steve Evans" <no@spam> wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:48:05 GMT, "McGrandpa"
>>> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> You need the pack from fileplanet not filefront - the one peter
>>> gave a link to. You can tell if you're at fileplanet or not by the
>>> donwload queues ;)
>>
>> He posted a different mirror, got it from there. Have all the maps
>> now :)
>> That's over 300 maps. I bet there's more than a few won't ever get
>> used.
>> McG.
>>

> Agreed, a lot of them are just someone having a good time with hammer
> and make lousy dm maps. Check out the camera effect in piff.bsp, and
> also have a look at dm_dam - it's purdy!

piff is ok for a small map. Would get really busy with more than 4.
dm_dam doesn't seem to exist anywhere except for action Quake and HL1.
dm_Avalon is pretty cool. I gotta go check out DM_Torque....
McG.