SOny Mini DV Handycam (DCRPC9) users, cant transfer video.

Ed

Has one here uses this model and is it working? I mean can you transfer your video to your pc? Mine is not and would like to communicate with you.

I need your help so badly.

If you want to be a little more specific then many of us may be able to
answer, if you only want sony owners it may be better to use a sony board,
as owners of the dcpr9 may be thin on the ground here, and if they are here
it is generally because they have a problem anyway!!!!
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has one here uses this model and is it working? I mean can you transfer
your video to your pc? Mine is not and would like to communicate with you.

> I need your help so badly.

Ed

Lol! I know. They wont be coming here if they are not experiencing any problem. I was just trying and hopefully communicate with folks with the same device. I notice my vidcam manual says that i should have one CD ROM (SPVD-004 USB Driver) but i cant find it, maybe that's solution. But that is a USB driver(in my understanding) that will handle only transfer of still pictures only but now streaming video--which ny the way is working fine.

Thanks again.

"Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

> If you want to be a little more specific then many of us may be able to
> answer, if you only want sony owners it may be better to use a sony board,
> as owners of the dcpr9 may be thin on the ground here, and if they are here
> it is generally because they have a problem anyway!!!!
> Graham
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP
> www.simplydv.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
>
> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Has one here uses this model and is it working? I mean can you transfer
> your video to your pc? Mine is not and would like to communicate with you.
> >
> > I need your help so badly.

So, the usb is working ok?
You cannot get the firewire to work?
Have you checked device manager to ensure the firewire card is ok?
Do you get the xp ping when the camera is plugged in?
Is the camera on and in vcr/playback mode?

Graham