eddie

Thanks for the info, I was under the impression that just using a video card would make the conversion easier ?
"Eddie" wrote:

> I need recommendations for video cards, I have a HI8 RCA camera that I want to edit.

www.pinnaclesys.com do some cheapish cards and ext boxes.
www.canopus.com do some more expensive of the same but quality and ease of
use is far superior
www.miglia.com similar in quality to canopus

http://www.simplydv.co.uk/index.html will give you some reviews on the above
products.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP

"Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need recommendations for video cards, I have a HI8 RCA camera that I
want to edit.

Some of the better quality equipment will have audio/video locking. If you
read through some of the back posts on analogue capture you'll see how much
of a problem audio and video being out of sync is. Although Canopus do cards
as well I was just trying to give you a good all round view of what's
available.