strider

Hi all,

It's no secret that the foos' in here are plainly killing the group. I
suggest google groups: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL as an
alternative.

I like the chat in here but I don't see why I (or you) should have to
put up with the cross posting and the trolling. I don't feel like
pimping my site or indeed expect anyone to accept it but google groups
would seem a good alternative considering it's moderated and I'm more
than happy to give moderation rights (or relinquish them) to anyone who
I feel would do a good job of it.

Anyway, it's there, use if if you like. Other than that, hello and hope
you're all doing fine.

Cheers

Scott.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> Anatypical week-kneed Brit.... Don't you see that the scum-bags are
> getting bored and leaving..... Don't give up on this group.... Where
> is the famous "Stiff upper Lip" I've been so proud of having..... A
> "Merkin"...........

Are they leaving? All I see is trolling about Miramax and Atlantis in
the Bay of Bengal.

The annoying thing is that some twats are responding to it all
perpetuating it, although I don't recognise the names so I think it's
morons from the alt.surrealists who are either too stupid to remove the
irrelevant groups, or who actively wish to continue bombarding us.

Having said that, I had a quick look at AGHL on the link above and it
seems to be just discussions on whether Strider's .tk site is up, or
what skills their Wednesday night WoW party has.

Rock and a hard place.

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

Strider wrote:

> It's no secret that the foos' in here are plainly killing the group. I
> suggest google groups: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL as an
> alternative.

It's no secret that "foos'" in here have no clue how to use a real
newsreader, and or are too immature to ignore or laugh at the trolls.
Personally, I think if they all went to a web forum, they probably won't be
missed.

Anatypical week-kneed Brit.... Don't you see that the scum-bags are
getting bored and leaving..... Don't give up on this group.... Where
is the famous "Stiff upper Lip" I've been so proud of having..... A
"Merkin"...........

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:37:43 GMT, Strider
<email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>It's no secret that the foos' in here are plainly killing the group. I
>suggest google groups: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL as an
>alternative.
>
>I like the chat in here but I don't see why I (or you) should have to
>put up with the cross posting and the trolling. I don't feel like
>pimping my site or indeed expect anyone to accept it but google groups
>would seem a good alternative considering it's moderated and I'm more
>than happy to give moderation rights (or relinquish them) to anyone who
>I feel would do a good job of it.
>
>Anyway, it's there, use if if you like. Other than that, hello and hope
>you're all doing fine.
>
>Cheers
>
>Scott.

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."

> It's no secret that the foos' in here are plainly killing the group.

Hmm there's just jirjis and his troup of ignorants
Haven't seen the others for a while

Atm is not that bad
I am using Google Groups fo the time being gives a decent view of
things
You can customize a little like having things sorted by last post each
as well as the capabillty to mark interesting threads

Besides I can post no matter what ISP I am conneccting through :)

> I suggest google groups: http://groups-beta.google.com/­group/AGHL
> as an alternative.

Hmm pending membership for half a day
Please :)

rdgs

strider

Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

> Anatypical week-kneed Brit.... Don't you see that the scum-bags are
> getting bored and leaving..... Don't give up on this group.... Where
> is the famous "Stiff upper Lip" I've been so proud of having..... A
> "Merkin"...........

I think your stubbornness is typically British, and where has that got
you ya silly old git!

It's a war of attrition and we just don't have the men to spare, capn'

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

strider

Chadwick proclaimed...

> Having said that, I had a quick look at AGHL on the link above and it
> seems to be just discussions on whether Strider's .tk site is up, or
> what skills their Wednesday night WoW party has.
>
> Rock and a hard place.

That's because it was used a stop gap whilst - yes, my site was down.
Note it's title, yes AGHL, I created it to talk about Half-life and for
the AGHL group to stay in touch, not to talk about my site and WoW.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

shawk

Strider wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's no secret that the foos' in here are plainly killing the group. I
> suggest google groups: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL as an
> alternative.
>
> I like the chat in here but I don't see why I (or you) should have to
> put up with the cross posting and the trolling. I don't feel like
> pimping my site or indeed expect anyone to accept it but google groups
> would seem a good alternative considering it's moderated and I'm more
> than happy to give moderation rights (or relinquish them) to anyone who
> I feel would do a good job of it.
>
> Anyway, it's there, use if if you like. Other than that, hello and hope
> you're all doing fine.
>
> Cheers
>
> Scott.

Hiya Stri.

IMHO I totally understand the sentiments but we did this discussion back
in November/December about the AGHL and AGHL2 groups - I think we all
said then that one was enough and that more would split the group.

I'm personally not overly keen on moderation either - I can see the need
on some groups but in AGHL I kinda think none of us would still be here
if we had someone kicking us off for OT posts :)

Other than that... good to see ya. What happened to the review on WOW?
Too busy playing to write it? I'm presuming you found it as addictive
and time-consuming as you thought it might be...

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

strider

Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

> Hmm pending membership for half a day
> Please :)

Sorry about that. Both you and James are both now approved.

Cheers

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

strider

Shawk proclaimed...

> Other than that... good to see ya. What happened to the review on WOW?
> Too busy playing to write it? I'm presuming you found it as addictive
> and time-consuming as you thought it might be...

Good question. I'm at a transition period. The nature of the game being
what it is I think I still only know a small portion of it since it's
only the Mage I've played in any great detail.

I have a three month subscription, when that's up I might write the
review. Then again, I'm odd, might get bored and write it tomorrow.

I'll post it here when I do, cheers for the interest.