new hard drive + old hard drive

Last response: in Storage
Share
November 19, 2004 9:47:22 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,freeserve.help.windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I think I need you guys help here.
My old custom-built computer's hard drive is running out of space and
it's messed up and registry doesn't look good.
I was given used 20GB and try to install as local(bootable) hard
drive(C:)  and want to use old hard drive(13GB) as back-up storage(F:)
I have XP installed now and have a CD for XP and want to clean install
on new 20GB.
I know to how to hook up and set up master and slave and configure
bios etc and install XP with clean installation.
What I want to find out is I want to use the program in old hard
drive.
As far as I know,It must be re-installed onto new hard drive in order
to work.
But there are so many program and utility I do not have the CDs.

When most people upgrages their hard drive,I know they might use
harddrive package-come along-utility OR the prgram such as ghost and
drive copy or image in order to copy whole drive.
But my problem is I want clean installed XP on new hard drive and
still want to use the program in the slave-connected old hard drive
excluding XP.
Is it possible? Only way is re-install the program on new hard drive?
Or ghost or other program let me just copy the program and allow it to
work under clean-installed XP?
HELP~!
Thanks in advance.

More about : hard drive hard drive

Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 19, 2004 10:05:09 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,freeserve.help.windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

sorry for top posting but think there is a wizard for setting and file
transfer in xp take a look before you do install and might be what you are
looking for.

Larry
"wonderboy" <barbecuesauce99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I think I need you guys help here.
> My old custom-built computer's hard drive is running out of space and
> it's messed up and registry doesn't look good.
> I was given used 20GB and try to install as local(bootable) hard
> drive(C:)  and want to use old hard drive(13GB) as back-up storage(F:)
> I have XP installed now and have a CD for XP and want to clean install
> on new 20GB.
> I know to how to hook up and set up master and slave and configure
> bios etc and install XP with clean installation.
> What I want to find out is I want to use the program in old hard
> drive.
> As far as I know,It must be re-installed onto new hard drive in order
> to work.
> But there are so many program and utility I do not have the CDs.
>
> When most people upgrages their hard drive,I know they might use
> harddrive package-come along-utility OR the prgram such as ghost and
> drive copy or image in order to copy whole drive.
> But my problem is I want clean installed XP on new hard drive and
> still want to use the program in the slave-connected old hard drive
> excluding XP.
> Is it possible? Only way is re-install the program on new hard drive?
> Or ghost or other program let me just copy the program and allow it to
> work under clean-installed XP?
> HELP~!
> Thanks in advance.
Anonymous