Firewire card

I have just purchased a Dolphin Fast PCIFAST-1394
firewire (iEEE 1394) capture card and cannot install it.
I have physically connected it to the PCI slot and it is
not being recognised as "new hardware".

I am using Windows XP Professional and I was not given
any drivers as it said that the drivers come with Windows.

Can anyone help.
4 answers Last reply
More about firewire card

    "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have just purchased a Dolphin Fast PCIFAST-1394
    > firewire (iEEE 1394) capture card and cannot install it.
    > I have physically connected it to the PCI slot and it is
    > not being recognised as "new hardware".
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Professional and I was not given
    > any drivers as it said that the drivers come with Windows.
    >
    > Can anyone help.

    does it show up in device manager ?
    try another pci slot and make sure it's properly seated

    --
    If the information posted above helps then let me know.
    If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

    ---

    Yeah I'd agree with Kelly' it's got to be properly
    seated. It's easy to not be firm enough when pressing a
    PCI card home, so do look & give it a good push. If
    Device Manager doesn't then say 'This Device Is Working
    Properly' then something is wrong. At this point I might
    return the card,,,

    It is not coming up in device manager and when I start my
    computer it is not being recognised as new hardware
    automatically, and since I cannot find the drivers I
    cannot install manually.

    I have tried two different PCI slots and neither of them
    are being recognised.

    (http://www.grisoft.com).
    02/07/2004

    > It is not coming up in device manager and when I start my
    > computer it is not being recognised as new hardware
    > automatically, and since I cannot find the drivers I
    > cannot install manually.
    >
    > I have tried two different PCI slots and neither of them
    > are being recognised.

    if it's not in device manager i'd take it back to where you got it from for
    an exchange

    --
    If the information posted above helps then let me know.
    If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

    ---

Video Drivers Firewire Windows XP