Lighting Question

What type of lighting or bulb would be similar to
outdoor natural lighting. This information will be
used for a webcam.

Are "Daylight" flourescents or other flourescents at 5500K or 6500K not
balanced to the sunshine?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=FetchChildren&Q=&ci=1161

> Since you are using a webcam, you should be able to color balance the
camera
> to a ordinary outdoor flood light. Color Temperature is about 3000K. Or
> maybe use one or moreof those new halogen Work Lights.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Yes they are.

Walmart sells an executive desk lamp for $20 that includes an
excellent 'near' daylight color bulb. I spotted it from half way
across the store and had to have it. I highly recommend it for any
indoor shots where accurate color is important.

Pj

In message <IVvQc.638$lR6.323@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>,
"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:

>I don't think that the "Daylight" fluorescents are FULL spectrum.

The ones I've used (daylight incandescent replacements) are slightly
greenish-blue overall, and looking at them with my prism glasses through
a pinhole, they contain a mixture of short continuous spectrums, and
single frequencies.
--

John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>