Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 21, 2004 7:51:50 PM

I suspect I may have been the victim of a virus .
I have 2 Hdrives in my home PC .
The second drive has all my data on it .
WindowsXP is reporting , suddenly , that the disk requires formatting !!
Windows explorer properties reports this disk empty !

Just before this happened , the mouse was acting up kinda wierd ... virus
like .
So I ran a full scan by AVG virus gaurd .
Nothing came up .

Will I be able to get back my data from the hard drive ?
I suspect it's still all on there , there was no big 'd eleting ' session
or anything like that .

Help .

Chris

More about : recover data unformatted disk

Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 24, 2004 8:09:41 PM

> Will I be able to get back my data from the hard drive ?
> I suspect it's still all on there , there was no big 'd eleting '
session
> or anything like that .

Try something like OnTracks EasyRecovery?

Cheers, Rob.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
November 28, 2004 9:22:39 PM

This same mouse and crash problem happened to my XP HP Pavilion. I am
currently looking for a solution. All I need is to get my files, but I
cannot seem to find any software that will let me access the drive through
XP.