Recover data from 'Unformatted' disk ?

I suspect I may have been the victim of a virus .
I have 2 Hdrives in my home PC .
The second drive has all my data on it .
WindowsXP is reporting , suddenly , that the disk requires formatting !!
Windows explorer properties reports this disk empty !

Just before this happened , the mouse was acting up kinda wierd ... virus
like .
So I ran a full scan by AVG virus gaurd .
Nothing came up .

Will I be able to get back my data from the hard drive ?
I suspect it's still all on there , there was no big 'd eleting ' session
or anything like that .

Help .

Chris
2 answers Last reply
More about recover data unformatted disk

    > Will I be able to get back my data from the hard drive ?
    > I suspect it's still all on there , there was no big 'd eleting '
    session
    > or anything like that .

    Try something like OnTracks EasyRecovery?

    Cheers, Rob.

    This same mouse and crash problem happened to my XP HP Pavilion. I am
    currently looking for a solution. All I need is to get my files, but I
    cannot seem to find any software that will let me access the drive through
    XP.

    "fffcj" <sorry.spam@problems.com> wrote in message
    >I suspect I may have been the victim of a virus .
    > I have 2 Hdrives in my home PC .
    > The second drive has all my data on it .
    > WindowsXP is reporting , suddenly , that the disk requires formatting !!
    > Windows explorer properties reports this disk empty !
    >
    > Just before this happened , the mouse was acting up kinda wierd ... virus
    > like .
    > So I ran a full scan by AVG virus gaurd .
    > Nothing came up .
    >
    > Will I be able to get back my data from the hard drive ?
    > I suspect it's still all on there , there was no big 'd eleting '
    > session
    > or anything like that .
    >

    > Help .
    >
    > Chris