Mouse disappears when moving to the right

zodi

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004

Hi all,

This isnt a real big problem just a little annoying. I
got a new machine that has a geoforce FX card in it.
Works great. I kept my old monitor. When I move my
mouse to the right it disappears from the screen, all I
have to do is move to the left to get it back but it wont
stop at the border like the other three sides. Anyone
have any ideas on how to correct this. Probably
something silly.

Thanks

Zod

"zodi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> This isnt a real big problem just a little annoying. I
> got a new machine that has a geoforce FX card in it.
> Works great. I kept my old monitor. When I move my
> mouse to the right it disappears from the screen, all I
> have to do is move to the left to get it back but it wont
> stop at the border like the other three sides. Anyone
> have any ideas on how to correct this. Probably
> something silly.

Hi,

You've probably inadvertently enabled the "dual display" capability of your
PC, by which you can have two monitors connected and span your desktop
across both. It sounds like your PC thinks you have a second monitor
connected, positioned to the right of your main monitor - ergo, when you
move your mouse to the right side of the main monitor the cursor is
appearing on the left-hand side of the "phantom" monitor.
To check & disable this, go to Display Properties, click the Settings tab,
and see if two monitors are shown. If so, click on monitor 2, and un-check
the box labelled "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor".

Hope this helps..

sunnygirl305

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011

"zodi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> This isnt a real big problem just a little annoying. I
> got a new machine that has a geoforce FX card in it.
> Works great. I kept my old monitor. When I move my
> mouse to the right it disappears from the screen, all I
> have to do is move to the left to get it back but it wont
> stop at the border like the other three sides. Anyone
> have any ideas on how to correct this. Probably
> something silly.

Hi,

You've probably inadvertently enabled the "dual display" capability of your
PC, by which you can have two monitors connected and span your desktop
across both. It sounds like your PC thinks you have a second monitor
connected, positioned to the right of your main monitor - ergo, when you
move your mouse to the right side of the main monitor the cursor is
appearing on the left-hand side of the "phantom" monitor.
To check & disable this, go to Display Properties, click the Settings tab,
and see if two monitors are shown. If so, click on monitor 2, and un-check
the box labelled "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor".

Hope this helps..

hello, i too was having this problem anddid exactly what you said and it still occurs =O(