Pinout for Iomega ext USB drive power adapter

Does anyone know where I can find the pinout for the 5-pin mini-DIN used
on the Iomega power adapters?

They look just like the PAs shipped with Viewsonic LCD monitors (made by
Liteon, I think), and was wondering if they are interchangeable.

Previously Pat Coghlan <coghlan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find the pinout for the 5-pin mini-DIN used
> on the Iomega power adapters?

> They look just like the PAs shipped with Viewsonic LCD monitors (made by
> Liteon, I think), and was wondering if they are interchangeable.

_Very_ unlikely. Consequences of trying range from it simply not
working to exploding (literally, but more like poping) components.
Fire has gotten pretty unlikely today though.

You seem to assume that the pinout is standardized. While this
would make excellent sense, unfortunately it is very rare.

So the question is _which_ IMOEGA adapter. There is likely more
than one around. I stay away from Iomega after their bad
quality "Zip" product and I don't know any of their pinouts,
but somebody else here may know if ypu provide enough information.

Arno

This info certainly seems to be VERY elusive. Even Iomega won't give it
out.