Blank Screen and Perfect Audio

i am using a sony dvd rw dw-u18a and am experiencing problems during DVD play back, i can hear the perfect audio but have nothing but a blank screen, can anybody offer any advice on how i can fix this programme as i am a dvd mad and this is really annoying, and also CD play back is fine too

Any help would be apprieated
thank you
--
hollyp
3 answers Last reply

    Is this shop bought, or home made dvd's. What are you trying to watch them
    in? Have you been able to view them before?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "Hollyp" <Hollyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i am using a sony dvd rw dw-u18a and am experiencing problems during DVD
    play back, i can hear the perfect audio but have nothing but a blank screen,
    can anybody offer any advice on how i can fix this programme as i am a dvd
    mad and this is really annoying, and also CD play back is fine too

    > Any help would be apprieated
    > thank you
    > --
    > hollyp

    yeo they are new shop brough DVDs, i have been able to view DVDs before and this problem occured but i restarted and it was fine, but now it is constant. I am trying to watch them in Both Media Player 9 and InterVideo WIN DVD. Codecs have been mentioned and i downloaded a pack with no luck!
    Can u suggest any steps i can take???
    Thank Very Much
    --
    hollyp

    "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:

    > Is this shop bought, or home made dvd's. What are you trying to watch them
    > in? Have you been able to view them before?
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP
    > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > "Hollyp" <Hollyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > i am using a sony dvd rw dw-u18a and am experiencing problems during DVD
    > play back, i can hear the perfect audio but have nothing but a blank screen,
    > can anybody offer any advice on how i can fix this programme as i am a dvd
    > mad and this is really annoying, and also CD play back is fine too
    > >
    > > Any help would be apprieated
    > > thank you
    > > --
    > > hollyp

    I would check for the latest version of directx, slow accleration a little,
    reinstall both media player and windvd, in that order trying at each to see
    if it worked

    --
    > yeo they are new shop brough DVDs, i have been able to view DVDs before
    and this problem occured but i restarted and it was fine, but now it is
    constant. I am trying to watch them in Both Media Player 9 and InterVideo
    WIN DVD. Codecs have been mentioned and i downloaded a pack with no luck!
    > Can u suggest any steps i can take???
    > Thank Very Much
    > --
    > hollyp
    >

    > "Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media" wrote:
    >
    > > Is this shop bought, or home made dvd's. What are you trying to watch
    them
    > > in? Have you been able to view them before?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP
    > > www.simplydv.co.uk
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > "Hollyp" <Hollyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > i am using a sony dvd rw dw-u18a and am experiencing problems during
    DVD
    > > play back, i can hear the perfect audio but have nothing but a blank
    screen,
    > > can anybody offer any advice on how i can fix this programme as i am a
    dvd
    > > mad and this is really annoying, and also CD play back is fine too
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be apprieated
    > > > thank you
    > > > --
    > > > hollyp