Cannot view video in IExplorer

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Tried posting this on the IE group, but got no takers: here's the problem. For an example, if I go to a site that has video on it, I am able to right click and download the video. If I just click on the video, which is supposed to open it and play it (in either Media Player, ATI MMC or others). It won't. On the first click I get a "Cannot Open Page"; then, when I click "back", and reclick on the video, I get the waving flag of death and nothing will open. If I activate the Media Bar, the same thing happens on the first click (Cannot open page). After going back, on the second click the video plays in the media bar. Surely somebody has an idea....I've run Spybot and have active current antivirus software (which picked up a Trojan Horse from some site and got rid of it). Please....any suggestions?

G

At a web page,try R.clicking on the video,select,save target as,then let it
download.For WMP,open the player,tools,options,select,connect to the
internet.

"Rick D." wrote:

> Tried posting this on the IE group, but got no takers: here's the problem. For an example, if I go to a site that has video on it, I am able to right click and download the video. If I just click on the video, which is supposed to open it and play it (in either Media Player, ATI MMC or others). It won't. On the first click I get a "Cannot Open Page"; then, when I click "back", and reclick on the video, I get the waving flag of death and nothing will open. If I activate the Media Bar, the same thing happens on the first click (Cannot open page). After going back, on the second click the video plays in the media bar. Surely somebody has an idea....I've run Spybot and have active current antivirus software (which picked up a Trojan Horse from some site and got rid of it). Please....any suggestions?

G

Oh, that works....I can right click and download any of them....just can't watch them in the webpage or in any viewer except the media bar.

"Andrew E" wrote:

> At a web page,try R.clicking on the video,select,save target as,then let it
> download.For WMP,open the player,tools,options,select,connect to the
> internet.
>
> "Rick D." wrote:
>
> > Tried posting this on the IE group, but got no takers: here's the problem. For an example, if I go to a site that has video on it, I am able to right click and download the video. If I just click on the video, which is supposed to open it and play it (in either Media Player, ATI MMC or others). It won't. On the first click I get a "Cannot Open Page"; then, when I click "back", and reclick on the video, I get the waving flag of death and nothing will open. If I activate the Media Bar, the same thing happens on the first click (Cannot open page). After going back, on the second click the video plays in the media bar. Surely somebody has an idea....I've run Spybot and have active current antivirus software (which picked up a Trojan Horse from some site and got rid of it). Please....any suggestions?