Ghost 2003

I am getting a new Dell XPS Gen3 shortly. I also have Norton Ghost 2003 CD
and I am wondering if I can use it to move some files from my old Dell XPS
R450 running Windows 98 to the new one?

I could purchase Norton Ghost 9.0 but I don't think it will work with Win 98
on my old machine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about ghost 2003

    Do you have a network interface in both machines? If you do, then connect
    them with hub or crossover cable, configure network properties and copy some
    files. No Ghost required.

    "Wayne" <Ole@sealake.com> wrote in message
    > I am getting a new Dell XPS Gen3 shortly. I also have Norton Ghost 2003
    CD
    > and I am wondering if I can use it to move some files from my old Dell XPS
    > R450 running Windows 98 to the new one?
    >
    > I could purchase Norton Ghost 9.0 but I don't think it will work with Win
    98
    > on my old machine.
    >
    > Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    Sorry, I don't have a network. Just replacing the old machine

    Wayne wrote:

    > Sorry, I don't have a network. Just replacing the old machine

    Your new machine will have a network interface. It is hard to find one
    these days that do not. You can get a network card for $2.50 and shipping.
    Cheaper than imaging software and everything you need to use it is included
    in the box with Windows 98 or XP.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    Thanks for the help

    > Wayne wrote:
    >
    > > Sorry, I don't have a network. Just replacing the old machine
    >
    > Your new machine will have a network interface. It is hard to find one
    > these days that do not. You can get a network card for $2.50 and
    shipping.
    > Cheaper than imaging software and everything you need to use it is
    included
    > in the box with Windows 98 or XP.
    >
    > > "Peter" <peterfoxghost@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > >> Do you have a network interface in both machines? If you do, then
    connect
    > >> them with hub or crossover cable, configure network properties and copy
    > > some
    > >> files. No Ghost required.
    > >>
    > >> "Wayne" <Ole@sealake.com> wrote in message
    > >> CD
    Dell
    > > XPS

    > > Win
    > >> 98

    > --
    > --John
    > Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net
    > (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Dell Studio Xps Norton Storage